Business Development Manager Event Sponsorship Banking & Finance
Our client is an award winning Publisher, a specialist provider of news, events and data, across niche financial markets who are seeking an experienced business development manager as part of the next phase of their continued rapid expansion. You must have an event sales/sponsorship background ideally within the financial sector.
The Job will involve the selling of conference sponsorships, advertising and data products, mainly to senior executives within financial institutions, law firms and insurers. It will involve a mixture of new business generation and account management.
The role requires approximately 70/30 split between phone and face-to-face sales. The vast majority of their clients are based overseas, and therefore international travel as well as an active diary of meetings with London clients is expected.
They pride themselves on excellent account management and impeccable product delivery. It is important that any candidate values a less transactional, more holistic sales approach.
The right candidate will:
- Possess at least three years of event sales experience with a successful track record (B2B an advantage, but not a necessity)
- Be presentable and confident pitching and negotiating with C-level industry execs
- Be driven and hard working – one of this client’s key strengths is in its ability to outmaneuver competition repeatedly
- Be a self-starter – they have a strong team in place to help, but you will also need to show initiative and work autonomously when necessary
- Have an ability to multi-task, and take on a wide array of different tasks
- Be a team player, able to thrive within a close-nit and entrepreneurial team