Newspaper Ad Sales Specialist (Print & Online)
Our client is a National Newspaper organisation publishing in print and online. Your job will be to attain and exceed sales targets and objectives and be responsible for maintaining existing business and the successful face to face selling of new business for the designated titles and online properties.
You will have to…
- Effectively sell advertising space to the specified client base and thereby maximise the Newspapers’ share of revenue and volume in any given market.
- Prepare for and attend client/agency meetings to include a professionally executed presentation that is tailored to the meeting’s requirements.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with designated clients and agencies.
- Be accountable for all business covered by your given territory. This must include action plans, knowledge of competitor activity, marketing briefs, client history, planned activity, key personnel and decision makers, budgeting timetables and so on.
- Actively participate in leads meetings, brainstorming and group training sessions.
- Sell within the yield parameters laid down by the management team.
- Attend fairs, conferences, client’s events and seminars as agreed with the management team and conduct yourself professionally at all times.
- Accurately report on Salesforce, results of all the appointments within 1 day back in the office and maintain a detailed forecast of business and pipeline of sales leads in Salesforce
The Skills and Experience required
- Be a confident communicator both face to face, on the phone and in writing
- Have excellent & innovative presentation skills
- Strong sales approach including negotiating, handling objections and closing a deal
- The ability to resolve problems and disputes with clients and arrive at decisions which allow the business to move forward
- Demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of the publications & online properties, and their target audience
- Ability to work in team orientated environment
- Computer literate
- Excellent attention to detail
What you will have, or need to learn…
- To maintain a current knowledge of the newspaper marketplace and the markets in which you sell.
- To be fully conversant with standard industry research tools: TGI, NRS, Comscore, Google Analytics etc.
- To be able to use PowerPoint