Strategy Director - branding, Central London, up to £95k+ dep on experience
Terrific opportunity for a strategy director to join the strategy team of this thriving London-based independent brand consultancy.
This agency is a creative, energetic and well-respected team in the brand and communications space. The agency is over three years’ old, 25 people strong, organised but still entrepreneurial, with a collaborative and intelligent creative approach. The team work with some well-known names to help develop cohesive brand strategy and brand communications.
The approach is not arrogant or over-theoretical. The team have tried to avoid the trap of over-complicating brand strategy, keeping a strong and defined brand message, however complex the issue. The creative team work hand-in-hand with the strategic team to produce some outstanding work.
The agency maintains an entrepreneurial, independent feel and has a creative energy and sense of curiosity.
The Strategy Director – The Role
Due to a busy period of growth, the agency is looking for another strategy director to join the team. This person will be responsible for providing strategic and commercial rigour on client work, taking a leading role in winning work and helping develop clients’ imagination to open them to new and exciting opportunities.
The Strategy Director – Experience
- 8-10 years in brand consulting and proven experience of leading and driving significant projects
- Articulating compelling brand strategies for B2B clients
- Developing commercially viable propositions
- Designing and leading employee programmes
- Confident and comfortable presenting to senior level clients
- Experience gained from another leading London branding agency or consultancy.
The Strategy Director – Responsibilities
- Providing strategic and commercial rigour on projects and contribute to developing creative solutions
- To partner effectively with other members of the project team to ensure that rigour is balanced with inspiration and imagination
- To develop and present well-thought through, well-structured and compelling arguments in all forms of communication and also propose innovative ways to convey ideas and information.
- To deliver a great client experience through activities such as workshops as well as day-to-day interaction
- To gain the trust and respect of clients and the internal team
- To grow and develop existing business, working closely with the client services team to maximise opportunities with current clients
- To proactively share knowledge and points of view
- To offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
The Strategy Director – Personality
The strategy director will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. They’ll be commercially minded and proactive; someone who understands brands in a business context, is insightful and inspiring and a great team player with a sense of fun and a sense of humour, someone happy to leave their ego behind in order to work collaboratively. You may be working in a larger agency and looking for more flexibility and freedom. Or you could be in a small boutique consultancy looking to work on a wider mix of clients.
For this, and for other senior brand consultant or strategy director roles, please do get in touch.
At Story, we find talent for the design, branding, marketing and advertising sectors. With 25 years’ combined experience, we have built long term relationships with some of the most innovative agencies in the creative industry.
We find roles for a whole host of agency people – managing directors, client services directors, strategic directors and senior planners, account managers, execs and junior planners, project managers, production specialists, creative services etc.
We focus on design and branding and integrated marketing, working with a large network of agencies, from larger, group owned consultancies to medium-sized independents and boutique agencies in the UK and internationally.
We believe that quality is often in the detail. We spend time listening to both clients and candidates - and often reading between the lines is what enables us to find the best matches. The philosophy is simple; to offer the best possible service and solutions to both candidates and clients and develop strong, long term relationships. Our straight-talking approach, along with our integrity and commitment in doing good work, make us trusted partners.