Head of Online Marketing
This is a strategic role and will lead the online marketing strategy - managing activity across all digital touch-points for my client in the telco sector on an ongoing contract basis.
A key requirement will be to develop a compelling and inspiring digital vision, strategy and ambition and own the delivery of the major elements of this plan - balancing the week on week commercial performance will longer-term planning.
The budget is significant and has grown exponentially over the last 3 years; Digital is now at the heart of our business planning and execution.
Responsibilities will span performance delivery across all direct response channels. The heart of the business is a strong commercial culture - and within the online team we have an experimental philosophy to ensure we continue to win in the market.
You will manage a team of digital specialists and extended base of agency partners and will foster strong senior relationships with Google, Facebook and other key partners.
Establishing the role of digital marketing in multi-channel future will be a key element of future activity.
- Manage a £multi million budget and stretching performance delivery - measured against sales volume growth, and channel profitability
- Plan strategy across PPC, SEO, Affiliate channels,
- P&L accountability for (1) traffic & sales generation and (2) channel profitability
- Work with the CRM and in-life team to understand new opportunities for increasing retention, data capture and upgrade performance
- Work closely with the insight and analytic teams to understand traffic and product funnel performance, competitor performance, and measurement & management of ROI
- Build out 'No1 for research' programme, focusing on upper-funnel traffic growth
- Support the weekly proposition cycles with digital support
- Work with the brand team to ensure that digital activity enhances and supports all off-line activity (for instance, hyper-local proximity bidding for local marketing campaigns).
- Key areas of focus will include an intent to diversify current investment out of PPC (supported by a stretching YOY SEO non-brand growth target), strengthen social strategy and plans (with a focus on improving customer service provision) and improving attribution understanding (both within channels like PPC & across our digital multi-channel activity)
- Develop understanding of the digital impact on retail and direct channels
You will need:
- Full digital channel mix experience. Expert knowledge of search (both PPC and organic), affiliate channel performance, display, social, online brand building
- Track record of delivery in fast-moving, and commercially astute and agile organisations
- Experience managing dynamic inventory
- Budget management (£ multi-million)
- Agency experience - including contract negotiation and new business pitching
- Deep mobile experience - including track-record of success in mobile PPC, display and social
If interested in applying, email CV and short cover note ASAP to email@example.com.