Head of Travel - Sponsorship and Solutions Sales
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Travel- Sponsorship and Solutions Sales.
Our client has set the pace for change within the UK media sector and has successfully evolved into a multi-platform digital operation that continues to deliver, setting the global news agenda.
There is an opportunity to build significant incremental revenue from a sponsorship sales proposition across travel destination sub sections and sponsorship of new travel related digital products. This sponsorship proposition needs to be built, working with new product development, editorial, commercial departments and then sold to clients, with high levels of repeat and new business.
The head of travel sponsorship and solutions will be expected to build a contact list of core clients for this proactive sell, while managing the current workflow of bespoke travel solutions, which can run into healthy six figures budgets.
There will be a natural overlap between the current category sales in travel and the new section sponsorship, it is up to the Head of Travel to manage this to the maximum return, ensuring the department exceeds its overall growth target, from a combination of sponsorship and bespoke sales .
In short, this candidate will ensure our client continues to win the majority of reactive and proactive pitches with a combination of bespoke travel solutions, while building and implementing a successful new multimedia travel sponsorship proposition.
Specific requirements / skills
* The successful candidate will have gained specific Travel Creative Solution experience
* Having gained this category specific experience within a media owner Creative Solutions, or has proven themselves in a New Business/Business Development role in the travel category, or at a specialist agency
* A track record of delivering Travel responses to clients and their agencies
* Managing sales teams and the administration of forecasting and team performance
* Being able to get to the heart of a client's business challenges in the travel sector and showing how our client can deliver their needs across a multitude of options, from pre-packaged sponsorship to bespoke solutions in the travel category
* Building sponsorship sales propositions
* Building bespoke responses to brief
* Juggling plates - ensuring quality and quantity
* Managing production of content
* Managing a busy workload, yet hunting proactively at the same time
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful applicants will be contacted.