Events Manager - Haymarket Events
Twickenham, London (Greater)
|Business Type - Media Owner|
|Sector - B2B, Online|
|Specialism - Events & Experiential|
|Salary - Dependent on experience|
Twickenham, London (Greater)
Business Type - Media Owner
Sector - B2B, Online
Specialism - Events & Experiential
Salary - Dependent on experience
Haymarket is looking for an Events Manager to manage a portfolio of events primarily comprising Awards, Forums and Parties for Haymarket brands in specific market sectors, primarily focused on PR sector.
The Events Manager sits within a busy team comprised of events professionals and a dedicated event marketing team. Haymarket events are well known for being the ‘must attend’ events within their sectors. We expect the Event Manager to take full responsibility from start-to-finish of each project, consulting key stakeholders regularly throughout the event cycle and taking full budget responsibility. We pride ourselves on creating engaging events and encourage creativity throughout the process to ensure that annual Awards are regularly refreshed.
This role will be primarily focused on the PR sector and will require a confident individual with the ability to learn processes and procedures quickly while also maintaining key client relationships within the sector.
This is a great opportunity for someone with some Awards experience to take the next step in their career. We are a flexible team and believe in having fun as well as working hard. We very much believe in a team-based ethos, and are all ready and willing to do what it takes to make each event a success.
• Proven experience running large-scale events and/or commercial events
• Experience in venue management and health and safety regulations.
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with the commercial and editorial teams within a B2B brand.
• Good written and spoken English, as is a good eye for detail in checking written documents.• Knowledge and understanding of events marketing.
• Good understanding of the Events industry along with great supplier contacts.
• Good understanding of event production, suppliers and processes.
• Proven understanding and managing of a budget and P&L for events, with a clear understanding of the financial impact of the events.
• Proven ability to drive revenues to achieve great events.
• Must be able to work in a highly pressurised environment and to tight deadlines.
• Flexibility and willingness to attend events outside normal office hours.
• A degree in Hospitality/Event Management or other relevant discipline
• Good understanding of the Eventsforce software and the system will be required at this level, so that junior team members can be helped and trained.
• Experience of an event management system for setting up and managing online booking system for the events portfolio.
About Haymarket Media Group
Whether you’re looking to start a career in media or you already have first hand experience working in the media industry, why not come and join this influential media company with an outstanding history of success and a future full of growth