Strategic Business Development Director - Premium Media Ower
Strategic Business Development Director - salary up to £60k plus bonus & benefits
You are currently working for a media buying agency in London and looking for a change in direction, an opportunity to really shine and make the most of your sought after agency insight, not to mention your invaluable client contact and knowledge
You are keen to be better financially rewarded for the hours that you put in, utilise your network of agency chums and develop your career working for a major publisher amongst a buzzy team of hard-working commercially driven professionals
- Forward facing and highly proactive the Strategic Business Developmet Director will be focussed on revenue generation which will be delivered around a focused strategy and sales plan targeting key influencers within agencies, and ensuring this publishers offering is pitched, front of mind and acted on.
- You will have a positive influence within the planning and creative communities, enhancing their reputation as an exciting, progressive and successful company to do business with.
- You will have a holistic view on all of their brands and platforms working closely with all departments to consistently feed the pipeline.
- Representing a portfolio of agencies, this role will report into the Head of Strategic Sales and will have an influence across the wider team that also work on the same set of agencies.
- Developing new ideas, fresh thinking and new opportunities for clients, the Strategic Sales Managers will create long-term strategies working closely with content and commercial teams to ensure they are fused with the ambitions of our clients and agencies.
- You will be working closely with other teams, especially editorial to come up with proactive ideas, opening up new revenue streams as well as thinking of new ways to engage agencies (looking at insights and figures)
- These ideas will be focused around large partnerships deals with creative ideas at their core
- Success will be based on relationships being strong AND profitable.
The ideal candidate
This role is not for the faint-hearted it requires a media expert, someone who can understand the complexities of communications planning, the consumer journey, media plans and how to solutions sell across multiple platforms.
- Ability to create and execute against a clear strategy - they will need to be strong organisers and great communicators.
- Builds strong and trusting strategic relationships across a significant stakeholder population to drive business performance forward, both internally and externally.
- Ability to lead and inspire both internally, as a senior member of the sales team, and externally with our wealth of agency and client partners
- Innovative in outlook to use future trends to define current strategy.
- Results focussed with experience of making a difference and winning business.
- Strategic thinker - ability to problem-solve and develop forward- thinking new ideas.
- Thorough understanding of a cross media sell and the role of other media in the marketing mix
Get in touch today to learn more!