Website Business Manager - Entertainment
The company is an incredibly successful business, founded in 2011 and with a turnover of £25m they have several business areas that they focus on currently. The first two are:
- Firstly they create and stock display units with DVDs and CDs for retail outlets that aren’t big enough to have a direct relationship with major labels. What they can do though is use the scale of having relationships with multiple smaller retail outlets to secure stock from the labels at competitive prices and then distribute them across those retail partners.
- Secondly, because they have relationships with major labels and access to their stock they have launched their own ‘shops’ on eBay. They are one of a handful of partners that have the highest level of supplier relationship with eBay.
Their latest venture is moving into the creation and management of an online store on behalf of a major entertainment brand. This store will sell stock directly sourced from them but also stock sourced from companies that licence their IP to create products ie a t-shirt business that pays them for the right to use imagery. The company already has relationships with many of these ‘licensees’ because they sell their products through their other distribution channels.
This is a key part of their overall strategy to move their business into areas where they can capture data on the types of people who are buying their products. With that in mind they are very committed to making this work.
This role is a very diverse one. Essentially running the launch of this new business and working incredibly closely with the the Entertainment brand's team. So much so that three out of five days will be spent in their office. Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the the entertainment brand's marketing team to ensure the site is being marketed in the right way. The Ents Brand are heavily funding this project so have an absolute incentive to make sure it works.
- Working with product suppliers to ensure their products are on the site and that they are selling well.
- Using SEO skills to ensure the site is being optimised in the right way
- Dealing with internal stakeholders within the company who will give support particularly around areas such as technical integration between orders on the site and the warehouses of suppliers