Staffing Excellence Manager, Channel Programs – Western Europe
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Global Consumer Tech/Mobile leader
ABOUT THE ROLE
You’ll be responsible for leading, developing and evaluating retail and telco/ operator channel field staffing programs for both own badged and non-badged employees in store delivering a consistently great premium Brand Experience across all routes to market. You will be responsible for program communications at a field and management level and act as the liaison between Europe field teams and worldwide.
This is the perfect role for a Head of Retail Field Sales/ Staffing Management/ Retail Training or Retail Operations with experience managing field sales and training teams in Retail channels from a Consumer Electronics, Mobile, Operator or premium sporting goods/ fashion background. You’ll align all field sales teams (own badged and non-badged employees in stores) across Europe to drive business priorities (upsell, cross sell and upgrade) creating a platform enabling teams to deliver initiatives. You’ll undertake gap analysis and create training and development content to support delivery, analyse which countries are driving excellence in the right channels/ stores via store output analysis and re allocate resources/ people to most profitable opportunities. You’ll also create best practice sharing forums internationally for retail field teams to learn/ share ideas and provide programs and tools to improve performance where there are gaps.
For Retail Field Sales/ Staffing Management you’ll identify opportunities/ problems, define the size of opportunities, create programmes to drive results, initiate them across Europe and influence Field Sales Managers in countries to drive with partners and then review, monitor and improve ongoing to deliver best in class customer experience and sales.
- Establish clear KPIs for field staff & drive towards consistent responsibilities in European countries to support business priorities i.e. maximising attach & cross-sell opportunities
- Coverage analysis and optimisation proposals & Retail Staffing programs productivity analysis
- Drive towards people target goals by closely aligning with local teams and tracking progress
- Conduct efficiency studies and measure ROI by country proposing shop-in-shop staff recommendations from this
- Help demonstrate impact of virtual teams and propose Quarterly field and partner staff focus themes
- Influence sales commission plans (MBO) to align with business priorities
- Analyse, compile and communicate monthly reports of program execution, results and gaps to stakeholders and executives
- Lead communications with EMEIA Field Management team on progress of WW and Regional initiatives and be key interface with stakeholders
- Share regional business needs to WW counterparts and EMEIA cross-functional teams
- Identify and implement appropriate forums of engagement across all field staffing roles. Install best practice & leverage expertise
- Develop Tools to support existing & new staffing programs. Track progress and follow up actions. i.e implement Global rewards and recognition programs, create a “non badged” community portal (in conjunction with WW)
- Scope and define the training curriculum for each of the routes to market teams leveraging on Worldwide content and across and identifying gaps across delivery platforms. (across e-learning, Mobile learning and classroom).
- Identify sales training gaps & feedback to Sales Planning & Operations.
- Drive Seed engagement and ensure online tools are fully utilised
- Training compliance across e-learning, Mobile learning and classroom
- Improvement in customer experience as measured by Mystery Shopping results
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking to appoint a Head of Retail Field Sales/ Staffing Management/ Retail Training with experience managing field sales and training teams in Retail channels from a Consumer Electronics, Mobile, Operator or premium sporting goods/ fashion background who excels in people engagement, motivation, training and development. We could also consider a Head of Retail Marketing with experience managing in store field force staffing management.
You’ll have a highly commercial and analytical approach with experience analysing sell out data, data mining, efficiency studies and ROI and can set/ drive commercial priorities and engage with senior stakeholders to align business objectives.
A strong commercial focus is required to track sales, define strategy, drive actions and ensure KPI’s are in synch with business objectives.
- Substantial experience managing retail training, merchandising staffing programs
- Ideally international experience/ exposure preferred
- Field and Operations experience ideal
- Proven cross-functional influential leadership
- Results driven
- Executive presentation development and delivery skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and execute projects successfully
- Sales Operations program management experience
- Obsessive about managing process and details to drive scale and results
- High level of ethics, values, integrity, and trust
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Analytical skills and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Fosters trust and relationships at all levels in the organization
- Global/ international thinker, who performs well in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
ABOUT THE OFFER
Up to £90,000 basic salary + bonus + car + bens + LTIP