Senior Account Manager - Food & Household Media Portfolio
You will be personally responsible for generating advertising, sponsorship and commercial sales revenue into this leading retail food and household portfolio. A key role within the Commercial Sales Department, this will involve proactively selling to major client and agency contacts to increase the sales, sponsorship and commercial revenues.
- To achieve, and exceed where possible, the paging and revenue budgets for the titles.
- To effectively sell to advertising agencies and clients by preparing targeted presentations, using the latest industry data and offering a platform of revenue generating solutions including: online, display advertising, advertisement promotions, inserts, supplements, cover-mounts, booklets, coupons, sponsored editorial etc
- To maintain a high personal profile amongst key clients and agencies by achieving an agreed number of agency/client sales appointments per week, to present the commercial opportunities of working with the titles.
- To build and maintain market share as set by the Ad Manager / Ad Director
- To demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of all aspects of the marketing mix and clients’ business including product portfolios, communication requirements, targeting and trading dynamics in order to converse professionally about their business and construct bespoke revenue generating packages using our brands
- To keep abreast of new and existing research (NRS, TGI, magazine research etc) in order to exhibit an understanding of the power of magazines, their place within the multi-media environment and their ability to address individual client needs
- To constantly keep up to date with the titles to ensure a contemporary knowledge of audience delivery that enables client needs to be matched with the opportunities offered by our titles
SALES DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT
- To develop and implement strategies for business development of personally allocated categories and agencies and devise creative sales pitches with a view to maximising revenues and profits
- To devise bespoke sales presentations and proposals to promote the portfolio
- To account manage key categories and ensure market intelligence is updated by regularly reading trade press, national/business press, competitor magazines and monitoring competitor online sites
- To be the driving force in meeting targets and the closing of each issue via personal performance and contribution
- To negotiate corporate advertising deals with agencies, as agreed with the Ad Manager / Ad Director, with a view to increasing year on year revenues, volume and market share of clients’ budget
- To take responsibility for ensuring that all sales support material for personal territories is up to date and openly available
- To keep on Navision openly available records updated for key agency and client personnel and records of meetings and negotiations
- To produce and maintain mailing lists for individual categories and territories
- To report on all matters relating to commercial activities in a formal structured meeting once a week as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED /DESIRED
- Sales experience in magazines or national press would be desirable
- Formal sales training e.g. (DIPADA, AIDA or similar)
- Excellent communication, organisational and influencing skills
- Understanding of NRS, TGI and Ad Dynamix is preferred
- A problem solving, analytical approach
- Must be able to work on own initiative with a proactive and flexible attitude
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- A good team player
- IT literacy skills - Keynote/PowerPoint/Excel