Senior Digital Marketing Manager – International
Do you have strong digital marketing capabilities across programmatic, search and social media?
Would you like to apply these skills to global markets outside the Nordics, such as US, Japan, China, UK and Germany?
If you have these specific skills, we at SAS have a unique opportunity for you to join us and be a member of our International marketing team, as Senior Digital Marketing Manager – International, reporting to the Head of International Marketing, based at our London office close to Heathrow Airport.
SAS Scandinavian Airlines is the leading airline group in Northern Europe and has a history of over 60 years in aviation. Each year almost 30 Million passengers travel with SAS to Scandinavia, rest of Europe, USA and Asia. SAS is a member of Star Alliance™ and with 27 partners; we offer 1,300 destinations worldwide in 193 countries.
Everything we do at SAS reflects our Scandinavian DNA; simplicity, functionality, quality, reliability and a quiet pride in going that extra mile to show our loyalty. SAS employees make the difference, and we pride ourselves on being easy and informal, meeting everyone at eye level. Regardless of whom you meet at SAS, you can be sure that safety, punctuality and care for our customers are top priority.
The International Marketing team is located in key locations across the world, and is responsible for encouraging travellers to book and fly with SAS from all global markets outside of the Nordics (such as US, Germany, UK, China, Japan) to Scandinavia and via Scandinavia to the rest of Europe.
You will be the digital- lead in the international team, and in liaison with our media agencies, and other digital teams in SAS; plan, implement, attribute and steer the optimum media plans and projects in the international markets to reach our key objectives, such as increasing relevant traffic, revenues and return-on-investment from our media spend.
Using both current and new techniques in digital marketing, you will have the mandate to mould how we can in the optimum and most cost-effective way, reach out to both current and potential new customers in the international markets, such as through paid search marketing, dynamic banner advertising, social media advertising, or e-mail communication.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish the digital media strategy for International (INT’L) markets
- Plan and implement a plan to increase sales and % of sales through our own websites
- Plan and book all digital media for INT’L – paid search, programmatic, social.
- Work closely with our media buyers to optimize the digital Plans across INT’L
- Work closely with advertising agencies to establish effective messaging and artwork in INT’L
- Plan and create relevant campaigns with the major Nordic Tourist Offices in INT’L
- Implement relevant new digital media techniques which can increase traffic to the INT’L sites
- Track and attribute digital media performance, follow-up and adjust plans based on incremental return (ROMI)
- Work with our Central digital marketing teams to roll-out key digital projects in INT’L
- With central teams, ensuring successful implementation of omni-channel communication/personalization in INT’L
Required skills and experience:
- Digital marketing/media experience (agency and/or client-side) is compulsory
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Digital media planning and buying
- Paid Search, Programmatic and Social media advertising
- Digital attribution/ROMI, accreditation of media
- Digital campaign management
- Digital analytical tools and multivariate- testing experience
- Training in digital marketing (such as certifications)
- Proven excellent planning and organizational skills
- Result- oriented with good commercial and strategic capability
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good presentation & copywriting skills
- Good analytical capability
- Strong ability to communicate and interact with different teams and cultures
- English - fluent both written and spoken
- Microsoft Office, and in particular Excel and Powerpoint to a good standard
The position is full-time and will be located in London, Copenhagen, Stockholm or Oslo, dependent on the successful candidate. Local employee conditions apply. Key projects will involve cooperation with US, Asia and European teams, plus our Scandinavian offices, and marketing agencies, thus regular business travel is expected.
Benefits will include a competitive performance-based salary, considerable employee travel benefits, generous holiday entitlement, employee health cover, eligibility for our employee pension scheme, and a positive, flexible and supportive working environment. Your performance is measured via a select number of relevant Key Performance Indicators.
Please note the required skills and experience before considering applying for this specific digital marketing role.