Senior Conceptual Designer - Unilever
Overview of the role
OLIVER are looking for a Lead Creator (Senior Conceptual Designer) to join our growing Unilever team in Rotterdam.
You will be a highly motivated and conceptual designer that is ready to take the step up to become a lead designer. You’re able to lead, not just be led, and enjoy taking ownership and responsibility for projects. You need to be a team player that would enjoy sharing their knowledge and experience. You will be heavily immersed in digital culture and user of digital platforms such as Snapchat and Instagram.
You will take the lead at concept development of visual design and the development of creative projects, ensuring consistency with the overall brand and marketing strategy, and represent best-in-class execution. A good team player that would enjoy sharing their knowledge and experience, and mentoring junior team members. Brand guardianship on key accounts.
What you will be doing:
You will work on a variety of different projects ranging from presentation design, digital and social advertising, brand development, key visual mock ups and a range of responsive web projects. As we foster a close working relationships with our clients you must be comfortable at presenting and taking client feedback directly. Building client trust is key as to producing better work and it’s essential to drive to our growth and success.
- Provide leadership and creative direction for a small design team
- Work with Creative Services Manager to help decide on best resource for a brief
- Brand guardianship on key accounts
- Presenting your work internally and to clients and manage workloads within agreed timings
- Be proactive and solutions-focussed - this is a must!
- Show strong conceptual design thinking for digital and social design projects
- Implement existing brand guidelines on projects
- Define the look and feel for a variety of design projects
- The ability to work under direction and using your own initiative
What you need:
- Immersed in digital culture and trends
- Commercial design experience
- A portfolio demonstrating your ideas through concept to execution
- A passion for digital trends and interaction design
- You'll have a deep affinity with layout, typography and ideas-generation
- High proficiency in Adobe CC suite applications including Photoshop, Illustrator. Sketch and associated prototyping tools is bonus
- A good working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and jquery capabilities
- A team player with a client centric focus and possess the ability to build strong and effective working relationships
- Experience in print design a bonus