Studio Manager - Unilever
OLIVER is a rapidly expanding creative services agency with a twist – we provide our clients with bespoke dedicated agencies that operate from within their offices. It’s a dynamic fast paced solutions focused start up environment – that brings client and agency closer together to create more creative and effective work.
Overview of the role:
The Creative Services Manager will be responsible for managing the production and delivery process and operations functions for all creative projects submitted through the Studio.
You will be the key driver for the creative delivery engine across digital and integrated campaigns and projects, and as such are responsible for the investigation, and translation of client briefs into a feasible, cost efficient creative solutions using your extensive experience and knowledge of delivering cross platform projects and using smart operational processes and workflow management. Working in close collaboration with the Content Team Leader to understand our clients’ needs and to inspire the team to deliver brilliant work in the most effective way and with an outstanding service ethos.
What you will be doing:
Management and Facilitation of project set up + reporting
- Managing and documenting the triage process for new projects. (Either via the client inbox or CTL) and ensuring that the brief is queried / correctly filled out before filtering through the agency.
- Decision maker of where and how work is funnelled through the Studio and wider agency and ensuring a Job owner and or Project Lead is assigned (dependent on tier).
- Facilitate clear direction and communication for projects directed to near site or Global Production Portal (GPP) teams, Including
- Clear communication of the brief and timings, handover of all assets received
- Communicating project lead and job owner to the client.
- Transfer of brand knowledge to the respective team (brand guidelines, brand assets and immersions).
- Reach out to Design Director or relevant heads of department if there is a question over how the project should be approached.
- Collaborating with CTL to create weekly reports on finance and status of department for client and OLIVER.
- Managing daily / weekly WIP meetings to ensure team are on track and kept up to date with any new developments.
- Managing Key Projects when required.
Workflow and Resourcing
- Managing workflow for the onsite studio
- Working with Design Director to build / continually review the studio team structure and skill requirements
- Managing resource utilization and liaising with Central resource teams for peaks in volume of work / utilizing skillsets not available onsite
- Ensure that the onsite team have all required resources and equipment to complete a project
- Responsible for Onboarding any new team members.
- Ensuring all team members (including onsite, near site and GPP) are up to date and adhere to U-studio processes and guidelines including:
- Use of OLIVER systems
- Brand immersions
- Server structure and versioning
What you need:
- Excellent client engagement skills with the ability and confidence to Liaise with Senior Client Stakeholders
- Experience + knowledge of delivering cross-platform projects e.g. digital display, website and video – In order to advise in triage of new briefs
- Confident in estimating complex, cross-platform projects
- Experience working with offshore 3rd parties and implications of this. E.g. financially and operationally
- The ability to manage and filter workflow as well as organise and prioritise workloads to maximise productivity
- Considered, assertive and influential; ability to lead, with the skills and aptitude to develop and motivate a team
- Able to think on your feet and make decisions; someone who finds solutions rather than simply reports problems.
- Proactive and adaptable, able to effectively work under pressure
- Experience in working as part of a team to deliver high quality work that is on time and within budget
- Experience in prioritizing and effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly adaptable to new procedures & systems, and ensuring that these systems are adhered to
- Strong attention to detail and a passion to make sure quality control procedures are adhered to