New Business Manager
The company is a long-established, international live event production agency with an enviable heritage, a great reputation and a stunning roster of long-term blue-chip clients.
The company’s heritage has been in creating internal and business events, in addition to pioneering some of the UK’s ground-breaking consumer facing brand experiences.
Today the business is split 70:30 between internal/business and consumer events. These events range from large public happenings through to intimate team building activities. The company continues to push the boundaries of how live can be integrated with technology, leveraging the agency’s breadth and experience to handle everything from logistics to production and talent booking for international events.
The company’s in-house event production expertise is complemented by a video department, which offers comprehensive production services.
We consistently win industry awards for both our business and consumer projects.
The small, enthusiastic team are based in attractive offices in West London.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role is to build and manage the new business function.
Overview of role:
The new business activity is currently being driven by the MD and we are looking to add a New Business Manager to the team to help increase the flow and conversion of prospect pitches into workable client assignments.
The role will be hands-on in terms of actively looking to develop new opportunities with new clients.
- Take ownership of the new business function of the business.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s senior team.
- Contribute to planning strategy and development of pitches.
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or vendor list inclusion) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- At least two years’ agency experience in a new business role, preferably selling high-cost events
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Great relationship building skills with internal teams and prospective clients
- A hunger for, and a track record in, profitable new business generation
- Demonstrable skills in being able to seek out potential new clients through contacts, research, leads and campaigns
THINGS WHICH MAKE THE ROLE ATTRACTIVE
- Fantastic opportunity for someone to step up to a senior role, within an award winning company.
- Very open and friendly working environment. It is not a “suits-type” environment and there is a positivity and togetherness that permeates through the team and leadership structure.
- Excellent creative capabilities that can flex to suit most client’s needs across an array of timescales.
- You will effectively become one of the lead faces of the business to a number of large corporates, well-known brands and the industry.
Please note that due to high levels of response we can only respond to successful applications.