OLIVER provides clients with dedicated, on-site agencies that are built from the ground up. These agencies live and work right at the very heart of our client’s organisation. Delivering precisely the skills and capacity they require, complemented by brand talent from our whole business on everything from planning to execution.
This unique formula has allowed us to grow to over fifty separate agencies all around the world. Delivering fully-integrated brand and communications solutions, working in the worlds of clients like AXA, Britvic, PepsiCo, Hasbro, KPMG, 3M, Starbucks, Virgin and Vodafone.
We do this by providing everything they need, from the most basic artwork to the most compelling big idea. With the support from our HQ, which houses our Creative, Strategic and Production departments, we are able to be what our clients need in numerous ways. From Creative and Strategic Projects through integrated 360 campaigns and on to full scale production. All the while, leaning on and learning from, the brand immersion that our onsite model provides.
OLIVER has an amazing culture with a real entrepreneurial spirit running through it. It was named 28th in the 2014 Campaign Top 50 Advertising Agencies with 123% growth from the previous year and also named the 5th largest B2B Agency in B2B Marketing Magazine. It really shows the variety and strength in depth that OLIVER is developing. It’s a truly exciting time to be joining this story!
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced General Counsel to help us with our phenomenal growth. You will be the first appointee of this nature and will work with business leads to help minimize our legal risks.
You will have worked in a similar role previously and have a good balance between people skills and legal knowledge. This role wouldn’t be suitable for someone who wants to gain experience in this field. You will need to have “been there and done it”.
· This role has no direct reports and would suit someone who has can handle multiple challenges and stakeholders.
· Successfully support Inside Ideas Group strategic objectives and ambitious international growth targets and digital transformation.
- You will be our in house legal - counsel, bringing expertise & ownership into the business yet partnering effectively with external counsel.
- Contract drafting, reviewing, interpreting and modifying for new and existing clients
- Drafting and negotiating broad range of commercial contracts – including sales, purchasing, IT, IP, confidentiality, exclusivity and consultancy agreements
- Advising on everyday legal issues such as data protection, IP, social media & employment legislation where necessary
- Reviewing, creating and standardizing of contracts
- Supporting commercial contract negotiations with suppliers, partners, sponsors, advertisers, etc
- Leading best practise to the business – and helping train those who need support
- Ensuring compliance to our client contacts and helping steer us in the right direction
- Ensuring all OLIVER Group brands links up with OLIVER Group guidelines, and navigating them through our processes
- Keeping up to date on changes in the law and legislation.
- Evaluation of risk and management of litigation.
- Assisting on Group projects, including M&A, refinancing, restructuring, reorganisations. This may include undertaking due diligence, verification, disclosure exercises and working with external law firms.
- First in experience
- Worked in a business with 1000+ employees
- Service based business experience
- International experience advantageous but not essential
· Admitted to practice in at least one European jurisdiction.
· Strategic, analytical thinker and creative problem solver with a practical commercial, business minded approach
· Demonstrated broad understanding of the business environment and capable of anticipating future challenges resulting from change and the ability to adapt quickly and keep up with a fast-paced and highly demanding environment.
Necessary Qualifications and Key Skills
- 7 years PQE
- Degree educated 2.1 or above
- Effective communicator both written and Oral
- Well organised and self-directed
- Decisive with a “big picture” perspective
- High Integrity and honesty
- Willing to get hands dirty to complete all of the challenges this role will face
- Ability to navigate through complex legal situations to maximize results