The Ecommerce Manager will be responsible for the online shop. Along with the implementation of the digital retail marketing and acquisition strategy, you will seek to grow and maintain the online customer base, reaching new audiences and continually optimising the site in line with the development road-map to reach ambitious targets for 2017/18 and beyond.
This established charity based in Dorset protect hundreds of communities around the UK and Ireland. This committed team face dangerous conditions, seeking out people in life threatening situations and returning them to safety.
The role of this Ecommerce Manager details the following:
- Lead the e-commerce function to increase sales, deliver and grow its net contribution.
- Responsibility for and management of the e-commerce business, from acquisition to fulfilment.
- Ongoing development & implementation of the digital retail marketing & acquisition strategy, including email marketing development, PPC, social & competitions.
- Management of the marketing & content calendar & delivery across the retail business.
- Work with the internal team in managing further web development, optimisation & enhancement to the online offer.
- Digital Analytics - regularly using analytics to interpret results, refine KPIs & metrics, & find actionable insights that will increase revenue.
- Management of site content & copywriting.
- Online merchandising - refreshing site products, photography & copy.
- Work closely with the Buying & Merchandising team on the online product offer.
- Ensure all activities are delivered to budget and all spend negotiated to maximise value.
- Support the budget holder for e-commerce, the Head of Retail & Buying, by assisting with annual business and financial planning processes, budget setting and monthly forecasting and reporting
- Actively contribute towards building a strong team atmosphere by involving and supporting others, sharing information and best practice, injecting enthusiasm and ideas, and promoting a harmonious friendly climate
The Ecommerce Manager is expected to:
- Excellent communication skills - with the ability to manage expectations and work with a diverse group of internal & external stakeholders, using initiative to bring forward new ideas & grow the business while promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Understanding of SEO best practice, experience in working with SEO agencies & performing SEO audits; working to maximise each page's potential SERP visibility.
- Knowledge & understanding of HTML, email development & design with example of procurement or working with Email Service Providers.
- Evidence of increased profitability from a previous role across key KPIs: Conversion, AOV, Acquisition
- Evidence of user focused website optimisation & enhancement leading to improved turnover and improved customer experience.
- Experience of growing customer database through digital marketing, with a focus on quality subscribers - with demonstrable experience of working with affiliates, PR & social to achieve this.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, interpreting reports, segments, dashboards with an ability to dive in to find insights.
This is a 16 month fixed term contract with potential extension paying between £35,000 - £42,000 Per annum Pro rata.