DO YOU HAVE PASSION FOR LANGUAGES AND TRANSLATIONS?
DO YOU LOVE WORKING IN A MULTI-CULTURAL GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT?
ARE YOU CRAZY ABOUT SPORTS?
THEN PLEASE READ ON…
OLIVER is a global marketing agency. Our skilled creative talents are dedicated to high-profile clients and are based in their offices. OLIVER have partnered with adidas Group Canada to deliver the highest quality localizations for all consumer facing content.
With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, the adidas Group has been defining sport culture since the beginning. And they’re not done. Come be a part of shaping the future together.
OLIVER is recruiting a full-time Bilingual Canadian Translator (French & English) to work at adidas Group Canada, alongside the Canadian Marketing Communications team. The position will be sitting in the client's office in Toronto.
Job Title: Translator
What are the key responsibilities?
· On a daily basis, you will be translating/trans-creating above-the-line and some below-the line marketing material from an English master copy to be used across all business channels, e.g. press, OOH, retail to digital, HR, brands, etc.
· Researching and translating compelling copy for assigned projects that is on strategy, original, compelling, distinctive, and appealing for the target audience.
· Completing translation of both internal and external Communications and guarantee accuracy, quality and consistency in both copy and brand voice.
· Our team are working with a CAT tool and have to maintain and update their translation memory, build glossaries, proofread and edit copy.
· You will be mentored and supported by a global OLIVER Project Managers in Amsterdam who oversee and manage a whole team of copywriters globally.
Who are we looking for?
· Who has extensive experience, as a translator, content writer, copywriter or editor (essential).
· Good command of English and native speaker of recruiting language (essential).
· Good communication skill and good team player (essential).
· Who is familiar with working with the remote team and tight deadlines (desirable).
· Who is familiar with marketing and SEO context (desirable).
· Who has an advanced experience with CAT Tool (desirable).
· A language, copywriting, marketing, social media or advertising related degree (desirable).
3+ years experience in translation, adaptation or copywriting relevant areas.
Bachelor degree or above in translation, interpretation or marketing communication relevant areas. – Mandatory qualifications.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, whether it’s creating a new service for our clients or how we look after our team:
· Identifies opportunities to deliver greater value for Oliver Marketing
· Identifies opportunities to deliver greater value for themselves
· Takes on difficult challenges willingly and realistically
· Has a can do attitude
· Shows commitment to the company vision for growth through adding value
· Identifies a range of solutions to problems
· Thinks of improvements to things without being prompted
· Challenges convention by exploring alternatives
· Demonstrates role model behaviors consistent with our vision and values
· Leads by example
· Deals with challenges and problems in a positive and constructive way
· Encourages others
· Sets achievable but high standards
· Demonstrates good leadership skills
· Uses inspiring communications to motivate clients and colleagues
· Achieves outstanding results
· Acts with humility and honesty
· Demonstrably values the contribution of others
· Gives honest and direct feedback in a constructive manner
· Has excellent listening skills
· Shows the ability to change their opinion/view
· Acknowledges the contribution of others
· Views challenges as a learning opportunity
· Actively looks to develop themselves on the job, and in their own time
· Does not often make the same mistake twice
· Is willing to take risks
· Learns from mistakes and takes action to personally change
· Acknowledges the importance of tracking results
· Accepts responsibility for actions
· Looks for accountability
· Sets goals and focuses on their delivery
· Is comfortable with hard and soft targets
· Shows a strong commitment to exceeding targets
· Sets own goals
· Has strong time management
· Has an analytical approach to objectives
· Can handle complexity and ambiguity
· Looks to make goals SMART without prompting
· Goes “above and beyond” to deliver the goal