Creative Services Manager
OLIVER is a rapidly expanding creative services agency with a twist – we provide our clients with bespoke dedicated agencies that operate from within their offices. As an Creative Services Manager you will be undertaking the execution and planning of digital and print based collateral which will be produced for B2C. You will be working within a variety of different creative and brand guidelines, producing design to the client’s brief and exacting standards. You will proactively manage projects within agreed timescales taking into account quality, accuracy and consistency.
Creative Services Manager role will be account manager/ project manager hybrid role, working collaboratively with clients to outline plans, stay on top of and be the driving force behind getting projects and campaigns out the door. They will need to understand the partner campaigns and what needs to be delivered. They will be involved in everything Visit Britain deliver as part of their global campaign including, PR, content, planning
This is a pivotal role as the on-site lead. Reporting to the Global Account Director and working in close partnership with the Client, you will be responsible for the planning, scheduling and resources of all creative work, design, copy and artwork making best use of all our creative resources both on and off-site.
There will be 4 main areas that this covers – onsite resource, additional RA resources, Local market cultural consultations and global design and artwork scheduling (GPP).
You will define and run processes that allow the effective planning and scheduling of work, to optimize resource utilization and meet client expectations.
You will need to build strong collaborative relationships throughout and particularly with the Transcreation Manager back at our hub.
You will need to understand end to end processes, technology platforms, operations and costs that support the effective and accurate delivery of campaigns and projects for our client.
You will need to enforce the use of systems and technology to ensure work is properly signed off, that time is tracked and that all QC within the creative and design area is adhered to.
You will need to be able to accurately cost time for each project that is out of scope for the on-site team, to ensure that the team are focused and delivering to schedule and of course to be able to juggle resource and schedules to cater for the unexpected.
You will be maintaining the management information around status of projects, resources, and key commercial issues that need both fixing and escalating. They will establish and maintain the systems the team uses to resource, track progress and deliver brilliant work accurately, on time and on budget.
Importantly, the Client Services Manager will be the engine room of the onsite team. You will enjoy a fast paced environment but you will need to drive strong client relationships as well as act in a professional manner at all times.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Strong skills in resourcing in different areas of an agency. Account Management, Creative, Design, Production, Digital, Artwork, Transcreation etc.
- Leading by example. Managing a range of relationships with dept heads and client stakeholders to help galvanize internal teams.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined teams, and being at the heart of a team rather than the top.
- Speed of decision making. Getting just the relevant information together to make sound business and operational decisions.
- Desire to be into the detail, systems, processes, profitability, utilization, production and delivery.
- Experience in fast paced agencies. This business manages scale and speed across the globe.
- Experience of getting teams together from disparate locations
- Strong client relationships based on confidence and trust in your ability to deliver
- Management of and running of creative and studio resource function. Day to day resource/freelance decisions
- Ensuring all creative, artwork and design is delivered 100% right and on time
- Financial management; aged debt, billings etc.
- Management Information for review by client.
- Workflow management onsite to point of handing off to print and production.
- Ownership of process and systems re-engineering for delivery of assets
- Feed into milestone project plans and ensure that this is communicated internally and externally
- Delivery against agreed performance and operational KPIs
- Cross departmental relationship management & provision of information
- Ensure junior members of the team have an understanding of this process and are able to flag any issues to be solved by senior members of the team
Support the business to develop excellence within OLIVER’s clients and internally in the department.
Role-specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least 4 years experience in the creative services, traffic or ops
- Network or large organizational experience.
- Experience in account management
- Strong project management experience
- Demonstrable commercial and financial acumen.
- Technical competence and understanding of creative process / working within a creative environment.
- Background in digital preferable
- Confident communication skills both internally and externally with client.
- Experience in managing external partner relationship.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, whether it’s creating a new service for our clients or how we look after our team:
- Identifies opportunities to deliver greater value for Oliver Marketing
- Identifies opportunities to deliver greater value for themselves
- Takes on difficult challenges willingly and realistically
- Has a can do attitude
- Shows commitment to the company vision for growth through adding value
- Identifies a range of solutions to problems
- Thinks of improvements to things without being prompted
- Challenges convention by exploring alternatives
- Demonstrates role model behaviors consistent with our vision and values
- Leads by example
- Deals with challenges and problems in a positive and constructive way
- Encourages others
- Sets achievable but high standards
- Demonstrates good leadership skills
- Uses inspiring communications to motivate clients and colleagues
- Achieves outstanding results
- Acts with humility and honesty
- Demonstrably values the contribution of others
- Gives honest and direct feedback in a constructive manner
- Has excellent listening skills
- Shows the ability to change their opinion/view
- Acknowledges the contribution of others
- Views challenges as a learning opportunity
- Actively looks to develop themselves on the job, and in their own time
- Does not often make the same mistake twice
- Is willing to take risks
- Learns from mistakes and takes action to personally change
- Acknowledges the importance of tracking results
- Accepts responsibility for actions
- Looks for accountability
- Sets goals and focuses on their delivery
- Is comfortable with hard and soft targets
- Shows a strong commitment to exceeding targets
- Sets own goals
- Has strong time management
- Has an analytical approach to objectives
- Can handle complexity and ambiguity
- Looks to make goals SMART without prompting
- Goes “above and beyond” to deliver the goal