Our client is a very successful, global business with an enviable brand portfolio and an aggressive growth strategy. An exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Manager has arisen to support the European market.
The key remit of the role is to develop and introduce new products to the global market. As Product Manager you will take responsibility for creating and implementing product development plans that aim to deliver innovation and growth in sales and profitability.
- Constantly evaluate product sales, competitor activity and consumer needs to aid NPD decision making and product range selection.
- Organising and supporting market research projects with external agencies.
- Lead projects through the product development process ensuring time, cost and quality targets are met.
- Managing global requirements and working with Far East vendors.
- Working with the global NPD team including engineering and quality to ensure global products meet local market needs.
- Manage the NPD budget, coordinating POs and invoices.
- Manage all documentation for project feasibility and tracking including financial cost analysis and financial reporting spreadsheets.
- Issue key data for logistics, finance, Sales & Marketing to enable accurate forecasting, planning and ordering.
- Liaising with the Global NPD team, represent local markets on cost improvement initiatives.
- Work with design agencies to develop top of class packaging and colour direction.
- Working closely with the Product Engineering Centre to co-ordinate local market agency approvals for all categories. Ensure all documentation is complete and adheres to the latest legislation.
- Co-ordinate samples and products approvals to enable mass production to proceed.
The ideal candidate will have around 3-5 years NPD/Product Management experience gained in a B2C business. An ability to forge relationships with international colleagues and regional agencies is as important as your attention to detail and project management skills.