Job purpose summary
Hello, we are OLIVER.
Are you passionate about language?
Do you like to work with different talents from all over the world?
Do you love working in a multi-cultural global environment?
Would you like to be a brand guardian in delivering the brand message effectively in different regions?
OLIVER is looking to recruit a client-facing Transcreation Manager to work on-site with our Fortune 500 client based in Warsaw and delivering marketing communications for the South-eastern European markets (Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Turkey, Russia and Israel).
Our client is an innovative global organization with original roots in manufacturing, however their current portfolio spans an inventory of over 50,000 products across 5 large business units. They produce a diverse range of life-improving products from Post-It notes to highly advanced technological components, all with the common aim of enhancing peoples’ lives.
As a client-facing Transcreation Manager you will represent OLIVER on the ground and be the gateway and first point of contact for language and general service requests. You will be in charge of our client’s regional marketing communication across 16+ brands with potential to grow global market scope of work to 30+ languages.
You are responsible for calculating and planning project budgets and timelines of transcreation jobs. Part of your job will be to pre-screen, select and if required recruit an account specific team of in-market creatives. You also may be asked to allocate a team of account copywriters, transcreators and editors. You will lead supplier rate negotiations assuring completive market prices for our client. You are responsible for managing complex multi-level projects across different media and client’s brands (ATL, BTL, TTL). You will receive transcreation briefs from clients and build strong relationship with your client and local market representatives as well as manage copy approval with different stakeholders of our clients’ organizations. You will be the touchpoint for the whole Baltic region and you will receive briefs clients on-site but also other regional Baltic offices i.e. from Lithuania, Latvia, Russia, Turkey, Israel and Estonia.
You are required to write creative briefs and liaise with other teams in the organization to ensure smooth production of marketing materials as well as suggesting process improvement initiatives, monitor transcreation quality and manage Total Quality Management (TQM) key performance indicators.
Part of the job is also to execute administrational tasks such as PO and invoice processing, building glossaries as well as maintaining and managing translation memories. You will also be required to plan your projects at hand in a proactive manner, monitor their progress and solve problems that might arise.
- 3+ year working experience in similar role is essential
- Native speaker of a Baltic languages preferable Polish and/or Lithuanian, Latvian, Estonian Russian
- University degree in marketing, languages, journalism or related field
What we’re looking for:
- A person with a real love for language and culture
- A proactive problem solver who is always thinking ahead; ambition to learn, support and be a part of a talented global localisations team
- Excellent ability to manage and develop stakeholder relationships; a naturally confident and clear communicator
- Calm, organised and flexible under pressure, you can manage multiple streams of work at once, prioritising where needed and actively problem solving to produce consistently high-level work, even to tight deadlines
- Thinking long term - identify risks and providing solutions; anticipating issues and bottle-necks and proactively planning work-arounds
- Exemplary organisation skills; exacting attention to detail
- Commercially aware
- Excellent computer skills – able to use Microsoft Office to a high standard
- Experience in translation and localisation project management would be a strong advantage
- Ideally you will have at least 3 years+ experience in a similar, language PM focused role
- Ideally you are multi lingual with great understanding about different cultures