Design Team Leader
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Passionate about design and communication.
- Effectively manage people through leadership and mentoring
- Be a role model for the team and inspire them to deliver excellent creative
- Ability to work to and optimise processes to ensure efficient delivery of all projects
- Work with account management to help filter workflow for the team as well as themselves
- Guardian of the client’s brand guidelines
- Working knowledge of digital design and its requirements is a benefit as you will be managing a digital designer along with the rest of the team
- Management of schedule, ticketing and content management systems a benefit (but this will be taught)
- Ensure that the QC/proofing process runs smoothly and ensure the team is accountable for the work sent to client and print
Role-specific skills, knowledge and experience
- Highly creative with the ability to produce design collateral within brand guidelines and agreed timescales.
- Be ambitious to create great work and find solutions that challenge conventional thinking when the opportunity presents itself
- Excellent client engagement skills with the ability to proactively organise and influence clients and build strong and effective working relationships
- To have previously managed a team, pro-actively managed multiple projects and work to tight deadlines. You will be coming into an existing team that requires a strong lead
- Experience of developing creative ideas and be confident presenting these to the client
- To be self-motivated, working with little supervision
- Strong Adobe CS (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Relevant design/creative qualification
- Relevant knowledge across production, print and digital media
- Awareness of emerging trends in design
- Good time management skills
- Confident and articulate, with the ability to voice and share ideas and opinions both internally and with clients.
- Great team player with a client-centric focus and possess the ability to build strong and effective working relationships
- Confidence to lead a weekly team meeting where the design team can voice any feedback and share their work for collaborative input
- The drive to actively seek out opportunities for the account
- Confident in your own abilities and be able to proactively influence clients and manage their expectations.
- Strong communication skills and ensure that internal processes are maintained and improved.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Powerpoint