Sales Executive, £25k-£30K Basic+Commission
Our client is the UKI’s leading provider of multimedia content and services. Established many years ago, this organisation remains today the national news agency for the UK and Ireland, serving a broad range of customers including major media and digital brands around the world, businesses and public sector organisations. In addition to their newswire, their products and services span pictures, video, data API’s hosted live blogs, graphics, listings pages, social media curation and page production. The news agency is part of the groups specialist media companies.
Due to continued growth, they are now looking for a Sales Exec, you will specialise in content sales across an allocated list of existing customers with responsibility for account growth and for identifying, canvassing and bringing on-board customers who have not previously subscribed to the company’s services or content.
- Account growth
- Identifying, canvassing and bringing on board customers who have not previously subscribed
- Managing relationships within accounts
- Maintaining consistent and up-to-date records in Salesforce
- Being aware of all the products and services that the company offers
- Building and maintaining your pipeline
- Reporting forecast revenue for the business
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quarterly revenue targets
- Call times
- Opportunities created
- Specific product targets
- Salesforce or similar CRM
- Microsoft office suite, including Work, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of API, CMS or any other form of content delivery and management systems a bonus
- Programmatic platforms
- First class communication skills, both oral and written, allied with a confident, resilient personality with a methodical approach to tasks
- a quick grasp of detail and the ambition to succeed at whatever they undertake.
- Degree subject is not important but an awareness of and an interest in traditional and social media is taken for granted - as is numeracy.
- Self-motivation and a proactive approach to workload.
- Previous sales experience is welcome but is not essential as training will be provided.
- A background in media and or a good knowledge and understanding of real-time content driven services and the commercial imperatives for securing and growing business in information hungry market sectors.
- Agency experience would be beneficial
- Formal sales training, in DIPIDA, AIDA or s