PR Account Director
We’re part of the fast-growing OLIVER Group of agencies, and we’re on the lookout for an experienced and self-motivated PR Account Director to come in to set up & drive growth within our newly opening Bristol office.
A PR communications marketing professional, with solid experience in creation of, and delivery against business plans (know how to find & convert existing & convert new client growth), you’ll be joining us a time of positive change, and will act as the agency’s main point of contact for Bristol existing & new clients.
This is an essential role to build and maintain strong client relationships within the agency. You’ll work closely with our in-house digital, creative, copy, video and social teams to find and develop innovative solutions. So you’ll be integral in the creation of great ideas.
The role is challenging, yet rewarding, and there are great opportunities to shape and grow your accounts. Reporting into the U.K Managing Director, you’ll be part of a successful team who strive to deliver the best for our clients.
The appropriate professional background and a full clean driving licence are essential
As PR account director, you are expected to be able to identify, manage and plan the total picture involved in a growing existing & new business/client relationship, with minimal involvement from board or managing director.
A PR account director is a fully rounded operator who has a thorough understanding of the media and communication skills needed, and the business skills to grow their accounts within the context and plans of the agency.
The role should be to develop strategies and activities for clients and oversee their execution, quality controlling all aspects of the clients’ programmes and relationship with the agency.
An account director should fully understand the role of PR in a client’s marketing mix and be fully versed in the activities of other marketing disciplines, as used by the client.
To identify, develop, and convert new business proposals to achieve annual revenue
assigned targets with minimal input from managing director.
Develop communications strategies and programmes in line with client objectives
Oversee the successful execution of client campaigns
Act as the key point of contact for clients
Provide senior consultancy
Draft communications content on behalf of clients
Develop and maintain strong media contacts
Lead + Manage crisis issues on behalf of clients
Lead client meetings, involving other members of the team
Establish and maintain effective evaluation methods tailored to objectives and ensure regular reporting to clients
Review accounts on a regular basis to ensure high levels of client satisfaction
Prepare creds documents and attend new business meetings
Act as the lead of PR new business pitches
Be an active member of the management team
Hold regular team meetings to ensure the effective delivery of client accounts
Keep abreast of industry developments
Adhere to all company processes and procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Strong track record in identifying, developing, selling with persuasion and managing effective holistic PR campaigns
- Evidence of sound strategic thinking
- Sophisticated writing skills
- Creative flair
- Understanding of the media – print, broadcast, online and social
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident presenter
- Enthusiasm and drive
- Ability to inspire confidence, credibility and trust
- Self-confidence, initiative and personal organisation
SPECIFIC Business Skills
- Demonstrate strong commercial, creative and strategic abilities.
- Effective utilisation of new business brainstorms.
- Direct the team; motivating, improving quality and dealing with team problems.
- Implement and supervise progress of PR programmes.
- Have a full understanding of all budgeting procedures and have complete financial control on all clients, projects etc. To undertake all invoicing for client activities.
- Use relevant business contacts to ‘added value’ to client programmes.
- Understand the company business, its competitors, internal relationships etc.
- Play a role in the growth of the business and its systems, organisation.
- Represent your company at industry forums, conferences and seminars.
SPECIFIC Media Skills
- An ability to add value to the media planning and approach process in both the new business/strategic planning stages and the on-going execution of media campaigns.
- Developed relationships with key journalists.
- Oversee the management and organisation of events ranging from workshops, photo calls, press conferences, training days etc. on behalf of clients.
- Negotiate major media promotions and advertorials.
- Alert your clients to PR risk or opportunities presented by broader areas of corporate responsibility e.g.: employment practices, health and safety at work.
- Select and develop sponsorships including planning, contractual agreements and activity organisation.