We’re part of the fast-growing OLIVER Group of agencies, and we’re on the lookout for an experienced and self-motivated Account Director to come in to set up & drive growth within our newly opening Bristol office.
A communications marketing professional, with solid experience in creation of , and delivery against business splans (know how to find & convert exisiting & new client growth ), you’ll be joining us a time of positive change, and will act as the agency’s main point of contact for Bristol existing & new clients.
This is an essential role to build and maintain strong client relationships within the agency. You’ll work closely with our in-house digital, creative, video and social teams to find and develop innovative solutions. So you’ll be integral in the creation of great ideas.
The role is challenging, yet rewarding, and there are great opportunities to shape and grow your accounts. Reporting into the U.K Managing Director, you’ll be part of a successful team who strive to deliver the best for our clients.
- Promote, develop and extend the agency’s capabilities to all clients (existing & new)
- Build and maintain robust relationships with clients, advising on matters related to the clients’ marketing, advertising and promotion in a credible and professional manner
- Oversee the performance of your account to ensure satisfactory progress of all work relating to each client, including working within agreed time frames
- Assist the New Business team where possible to acquire new clients for the agency, as well as being alert to any new business opportunities in the course of day-to-day activities
- Work closely with the agency’s Credit Control department to ensure up to date payment on clients’ accounts, as well as securing the correct purchase authority where required
Required experience and qualifications
- At least 10 years’ experience in a similar agency role.
- Proven record of managing clients, projects & teams across multiple locations
- Excellent understanding of tactical marketing approaches, from brand to B2B
- Results driven – creation of and delivery against business plans driven to growth
- Demonstration of entrepreneur results , not a ‘wait for the brief “ mind set
- Relevant degree in marketing and communications is preferred
- A strong focus on accuracy, effective communication (clients, in-house teams and third parties) and self-development
- Self-confidence, initiative and personal organisation
- To quickly adapt to different situations and to be flexible
- Using persuasive techniques in order to obtain the best outcomes for both the client and the agency
- Excellent communication skills to be able to robustly present ideas to clients, and continually cascade knowledge / news throughout immediate team and the wider busines
What you can expect from us
- 25 days’ holiday per annum, with an additional day’s leave for your birthday
- Car allowance
- Your own laptop and smartphone
- Career progression / training opportunities
- Bonus Reward Scheme based on achievement of individual annual growth targets
In addition, we will offer you a matched company pension contribution of up to 4% of your annual salary (after 3 months’ employment), and private dental care through Denplan (after satisfactory completion of your probation period).
You’ll be a friendly, highly motivated and ambitious individual, who enjoys providing creative input. Hard working, driven and with a good eye for detail, you’ll also be a team player who can earn the trust of our clients, and build good relationships with all internal teams and third party agencies.
The appropriate professional background and a full, clean driving license are absolute essentials. An excellent working environment, competitive remuneration and the opportunity for further career advancement await the right applicant.