Email Marketing Manager - ecommerce
The email marketing manager role will be responsible for driving the email strategy for my client's destination sites, across Petcare & Health & Beauty, with the aim of maximising revenue opportunities from each site’s own customer database. The key purpose of the job will be to help ensure the role of email as a channel runs in a series of integrated audience experiences, as opposed to running in parallel to other traffic sources, so we are looking for someone who’s going to revolutionise the way we manage, assess and optimise email.
- Devising an email strategy that communicates both of the brands through email marketing, planning ahead but also ensuring some flexibility for trade demands
- Tracking, analysing and reporting on all email marketing KPIs for trade updates and also in order to guide improvements to future campaigns.
- Managing trigger email campaigns throughout the customer lifecycle to maximise sales.
- Reviewing the current database segmentation and customer journeys for both sites and amending according to the purchase cycles.
- Working closely with the creative team on concepts for new email templates as well as reviewing existing templates.
- Also working collaboratively with all other digital marketing channels (PPC, affiliates, content marketing, social) to execute effective campaigns with consistent messaging
- A/B testing on various email campaigns to establish the most effective methods.
- Maximising the functionality of our new email service provider (ESP) and initially helping with the process in choosing this.
- Look for ways that email marketing can help provide solutions for other business areas, save or make money, or achieve other goals.
- Working with marketing and insight teams to leverage their customer databased to drive destination site sales
Expectations and Skills Required:
- Have a good understanding and previous experience of email marketing, ideally within retail.
- Have previously used Google Analytics for reporting.
- Have experience of using Mailchimp or other ESPs.
- Be a self-starter with strong organisation skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Have some stakeholder management experience, particularly in planning and coordinating across internal departments.
- Have good attention to detail.
- Highly numerate and able to easily interpret data for analysis of email campaigns
- A/B testing
- Email lead nurturing
- Understanding open rates, CTRs and other KPIs for email marketing