Sales and Creative Solutions Lead
We are looking for a creative, entrepreneurial, experienced sales person to join the lovely PinkNews team. We are a small team running a very fast paced business with a big reach looking to fill our first full time sales position. This is an exciting opportunity for a confident and highly self-motivated individual to implement and lead their own sales activity, with the potential to build a team of their own.
The ideal candidate will have extensive digital sales experience from an advertising network, publisher or social media platform background and evidence of a strong track record of success and revenue generation. The individual would also have a proven track record in building strong relationships and networks of agencies, brands and client relations.
This role is very diverse and would suit an individual interested in selling a variety of different campaigns such as display ads, channel sponsorship and events sponsorship. Every day is different! Perks include free fruit and fun socials and a beautiful view from the office.
- Initiate, develop and deliver multi-platform creative sales solutions to agencies and clients which will generate revenue/profit over and above traditional advertising. Specifically driving sales of the PinkNews display advertising, channel sponsorship, PinkNews Awards sponsorship and sponsored content to potential clients
- Introduce our products to brands and agencies across the UK, Europe and the US through meetings, telephone calls, written materials and presentations
- Respond to in-bound RFPs from brands and agencies
- Reach and exceed individual sales goals while contributing to overall team goals
- Proactively identify new commercial opportunities across all media platforms
- Create commercial pitches (persuasive and clear sales materials) to improve the conversion rate of new business opportunities
- Seek to work with great brands to sponsor the PinkNews Awards, award categories and tables
- Manage client campaign reporting
- Develop and maintain relationships at all levels from CMO to Brand Managers to Agency Buyers
- Achieve and exceed the budget set for Creative Solutions revenue by securing small and large scale partnerships
- Work with the Operations Manager, Editorial and Senior Management teams to ensure efficient management and delivery of Creative Solutions partnerships.
- Three years digital sales experience in a small team at an online publisher, news agency, digital marketing/advertising agency or social media platform
- Demonstrable experience of negotiating, structuring, and closing and winning proposals
- Demonstrable experience of arbitrage techniques such as sponsored Facebook posts to maximize the audience of sponsored content
- Built a good range of Ad agency and brand relationship contacts in the UK and Overseas
- Creative digital solutions experience/knowledge and mindset
- Innovative and creative approach to building proposals and attracting sales
- Ability to bring a strategic approach to selling the benefits of long term client partnerships
- A strong leader, able to work autonomously
- Proactive attitude, creative and entrepreneurial spirit with high levels of energy and excellent presentation skills
- Commercial acumen focused on incremental revenue/profit generation
- A strong belief in equality for all
- Some experience of using DFP to deliver advertising campaigns
- Some experience of selling user and data acquisition deals to advertisers
- An understanding and knowledge of PinkNews goals, products, events and website
- Strong PowerPoint, Excel, InDesign and Keynote skills.
PinkNews is the world’s leading LGBT+ media company.
Each month we reach up to:
- 8.7 million unique readers on our website and app
- 16.5 million page views
- 20 million video views
- 30 million people on our own Facebook page
- 120 million people across Facebook as a whole
As well as providing up to date news and features, we also host roundtable events, panel debates, receptions and our annual PinkNews Awards.
We welcome applications from all suitable candidates regardless of sexuality or gender identity. Around half of the team at PinkNews identify as straight supporters of LGBT+ rights.