Business Development Director
Business Development Director – Luxury London portfolio
Partnership-based consultative face-to-face direct sales to Luxury brands.
Based at their Mayfair offices, you will be joining the company at a key stage of its rapid expansion and will be expected to bring with you a mature and professional approach to driving commercial revenues through print, digital, sponsorship, event and database intelligence sales from an established set of categories wishing to target London’s HNW residents & overseas visitors. These luxury lifestyle categories include fashion, accessories, watches & jewellery, interiors, food & drink, finance, travel and transportation. This position requires someone with a strong ‘hunter’ mentality & you will need to demonstrate experience in searching for/delivering significant commercial wins but also possess well-honed interpersonal skills/a proven track record of successfully developing profitable & sustainable client relationships over time.
This role involves being passionate about all things Luxury and being able to commercialize a series of integrated opportunities across a broad spectrum of media. You will be working alongside exceptionally talented editorial and design teams plus also involved in promoting a new, visionary database profiling product and using this to leverage high-value deals with your prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years’ experience of new business development within publishing or luxury industries
- Self-starter, senior-level commercial approach, motivated, able to work independently
- Experience of successfully selling to at least one of the designated luxury categories (above)
- Thorough understanding of the luxury landscape and associated opportunities/challenges
- Highly driven to succeed ,competitive, assertive and unhappy unless you’re regularly at the top
- Intuitive understanding of deal structures that will secure the business/create repeat custom
- Excellent written and oral communication skills -computer (MS Office, Excel, Google Drive) capability
- Hugely organized, efficient, able to work to tight deadlines and deliver quality results
- Experience in effective negotiations at mid/senior level
- Proven track record of regular revenue achievement
- A clear sense of urgency and ability to close deals monthly
- Active listener who takes the time to understand the client’s business
- Exceptionally professional and results-focused, able to present complex partnership-type propositions with gravitas, enthusiasm and proactivity.
- Used to a consultative relationship-driven sales approach
- Multi-tasker with an engaging and likeable personality. People buy from you because they trust you and believe in what you are recommending.
- You are highly-presentable and fit our Luxury London marketplace
£45k base plus commission package paid quarterly, £100k OTE (to £55k base, £100k OTE upon successful completion of probation period) Attendance at regular networking events with editors
25 days holiday Based at Mayfair office