Creative Planning Director
TBWA/G1 is a dedicated Omnicom unit created to oversee the Nissan brand globally and regionally.
The TBWA/G1 team is based in Paris and is responsible for leading, overseeing and creating all Nissan Europe Marketing Communications. Omnicom agencies in the Nissan United Europe team include OMD (Media) and Interbrand (brand consultancy). Non Omnicom agencies in the team include Digitas (digital), Performance PR (PR), Proud Robinson (experiential).
The agency’s and client’s ambitions require that the work is elevated and we are looking for someone with a passion for greatness. The candidate should ideally possess a great deal of award-winning experience in all aspects concerning the output of a modern, integrated communications agency.
We are looking for a motivated creative planning director for TBWA/G1 to act as deputy and right arm of European CSO at NissanUnited.
The role offers a unique opportunity to work on a fully integrated agency, heading creative and communications planning, digital and data for an exciting automotive brand.
Under the recently appointed EU CSO wing, the candidate will be tasked to help leading and managing a team of key regional strategic experts and to deliver regional brand and communication strategies aimed at defining, guiding and inspiring world-class creative work.
A strong background in creative agencies, experience with international clients, and a track record of centrally developed integrated creative ideas successfully adapted across a number of geographies.
The candidate needs to able to identify insights from culture, consumer and category that drive effective and creatively brilliant, neutral solutions. His/her ability to work in collaborative way and the skill to moderate and to lead a diverse set of discipline experts is a key factor, too.
- Define insightful strategies that inspire effective creative work able to impact culture
- Harness the complimentary strategic skills of creative, communication, insight, channel and data planning
- Lead the development of creative and connection strategies, coordinating and managing the input provided by a diverse group of strategists from different disciplines (creative, media, digital, event, retail and CRM)
- Support in leading all regional strategic efforts to ensure they are integrated and aligned to the Brand
- Help in elevating strategy across client and agencies partner teams
- Partner in mentoring, inspiring and leading all planning resource
- Liaise and align with global strategic directions and translate them into actionable regional briefs
- Managing directly a team of planners (2 senior and 1 junior) whilst at the same time overseeing the work of other planning partners (strategist at OMD, Digitas, Dialog and Equancy).
- 8-10 years of experience in a creative agency (6+ yrs for a rising star).
- A leader – someone with gravitas who will quickly gain the trust of clients, creative and agency partners alike.
- An inspirer – someone who people love to work with, able to constantly bring new thinking, interesting viewpoints and new understanding
- A collaborator not a lone thinker, someone who can involve and motivate cross-disciplinary teams
- An expert and talented workshop moderator
- With an humble and trust-worthy attitude able to act as agent of change by involving and taking people along the journey
- With a talent for simplifying complexity and give clients the confidence to make decisions in turbulent contexts
- With a deep understanding of culture and consumer needs and trends
- With a track record of creative brilliant communication solutions
- Confident and at ease in both, working with data to extract insights as well as able to come up intuitively with inspiring propositions that fuel transformative creative ideas
- Inquisitive – someone who is curious about the world, about people, about culture
- Addicted to new – someone who is always looking to push their thinking on, someone who embraces all the advances in the Decision Sciences that might give us an edge, someone who is keen to experiment with new digital solutions.
- Car experience is not necessarily required but can be an advantage.