Head of Digital Production
A senior leader in digital campaign production, with heavy-weight digital design, development and management experience, reporting into the Chief Creative Officer.
A hybrid role that requires a hands-on approach and a very agile mind, balancing the fulfilment of production needs across the creative department and the wider agency.
With strong project management skills, this role ensures seamless execution of digital campaigns across multiple platforms, delivering to client needs and assists in driving new and repeat opportunities for the business by providing insight, expert knowledge and exceptional customer service at the highest standard.
• Responsible for the end-to-end management of digital creative production process and execution, from asset creation and mastering right through to global production and delivery.
• Responsible for executing and overseeing campaign production design and development across advertising work streams, digital (OLA) and process innovation.
• Lead, manage and shape production teams, operations and process inline with core business objectives.
• Advance production standards and output from the department.
• Provide estimations of time for individual design and development tasks.
• Execute and QA digital production work to ensure final deliverables meet OLIVER standards and client expectations against brand, campaign and technical requirements.
• Serve as the digital campaign expert to inspire, educate and represent campaign execution craft across the agency.
• Advise on digital solutions, use of different technologies, mediums of communication and production process.
• Mentor as well as serve as a sounding board and inspiration for the wider agency.
• Input into pitches and new business proposals, including client implementation.
Person specification and key skills
• Experience leading designers and developers (not to mention wider agency teams) in the pursuit of pixel perfect and crafted execution.
• A mentor as well as practitioner; leading from the front to help the team create and deliver crafted and well thought out campaign assets and experiences.
• Technically minded and can design AND code as well as lead.
• Experience working in lots of key sectors – from automotive to FMCG, financial services to charity.
• Passionate about creative innovations within digital marketing which includes leading on new format implementation and evolve OLIVER’s production approach internally.
• Living and breathing craft and get a buzz out of creating innovative work that adheres to latest best practice across digital and integrated campaigns.
• Strong understanding of what it takes to build and deliver dynamic digital creative.
• Experience in developing and evolving client-focused email production process, from design, development and innovation.
• Analyse internal and 3rd party supplied campaign assets against technical requirements and campaign KPI’s in order to advise account teams and project managers on opportunities for creative feasibilities, limitation and optimization in production.
• Contribution and ownership of local and international teams relating to improvement of production process and workflows.
• Quality assurance of digital campaign assets and email production to meet high bars for design, content and development in accordance with best practice, creative acceptance and technical ad specs.
• Application and setting of best practice across all processes and workflow, contributing to training of new and existing staff from across the business.