Change Communications Manager
A great opportunity for a Change Communications Manager to join a global Oil and Gas organisation on an HR transformation project.
The primary purpose of the role is to work within the Workday Services Programme (WSP) Change Workstream on all change, communication and training related activities, to produce key education and communication materials, plan and prepare for stakeholder engagement activities and provide guidance to local in-country teams with specific change and communication needs and prepare the business for go-live. This is a practical, hands-on role requiring excellent PowerPoint skills and good experience in the use of collaboration tools such as Yammer, SharePoint and Slack.
The successful candidate will get exposure to a major global HR transformation programme incorporating multiple system implementations, operating model and organisational design, change management and transition management. The role also provides great exposure in HR across different business segments and centres of excellence.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Communication and Education Materials
- Creation of communication materials in order to make available a library of content that will be used repeatedly over a number of global campaigns to HR Leaders and clients.
- Development of focussed education materials and quick reference guides for use by client groups (line managers and employees)
- Alignment of content across all workstreams in the WSP programme
- Engagement activities
- Support the coordination and preparation of WSP materials for key activities such as senior leader briefings, change workshops, engagement meetings and roadshows including logistics, agenda planning and pre-meeting preparations, content creation, tracking and reporting of key decisions and actions.
Global Change Network co-ordination
- Support the mobilisation of the global change network including content publishing, set up and support in the
- Use of collaboration tools, management of the interaction with country Change Champions
- Consolidate in-country change impact analysis and monitor delivery of plans
- Support and closely work with the Relationship Managers, Deployment Leads and other members of the programme team to make sure their engagement needs are met.
Business preparation and Adoption:
- As the programme progresses work within the Change Workstream to develop and deliver on:
- Business readiness assessments
- Programme adoption preparation and metrics
- Preparation for service go-live
- Solid experience in communication, change or training, ideally with a large project environment
- Experience with a range of modern communication channels - video, social media tools, document collaboration and meeting management tools.
- Excellent ability to quickly build skills, understand content & take on additional responsibilities
- Knowledge and experience of HR services in a large global organisation