Executive Creative Director - Marketing Services Group - Africa
Are you an Executive Creative Director who is ready for a new challenge? In Africa?
Our client is the only truly African agency network (originating from Sub-Saharan Africa) who has won multiple local and international awards for developing work that is innovative, effective and connects brands and consumers. Our client are probably the largest marketing and communication group operating a multi-agency model across multiple disciplines in sub Saharan Africa, and who are part of a network group with offices in 25 countries in Sub Saharan African and is Africa's leading marketing services group. They offer global best practices to all their clients across all marketing service disciplines.
DNA Recruit are working exclusively on this role to find our client their next Executive Creative Director, someone who perceives the world as their playing field of technology and innovation. He or she will have talent that has big picture thinking, craves technology, integration and collaboration, who is innovative, effective and connects brands and consumers. A "storyteller" who understands how people work and think, on what moves them and is able to use digital experiences to bring those ideas to life. This is a great opportunity for an award winning Creative Director to want to move into a market where awards are held as a testament to deep insights, persistence and quality collaborative work, and Cannes being the epitome and certainly very attractive to our client to have on your CV. This role brings a long list of responsibilities on a daily basis which include:
- Guide and develop single-minded propositions and high calibre creative concepts, and spearhead the development of our client's digital, social and mobile creative services, skillset and experience.
- Manage, mentor and guide the team in developing their creative thinking, strategies, processes and execution.
- Maintain and share a knowledge of 'latest' creative and digital trends and techniques to keep their work cutting edge.
- Interpret and translate new business marketing briefs and commercial objectives into original, clever (but viable) creative and communication ideas, visions, strategies.
- Manage the creative team of 5-7 senior creatives from concept to completion of the projects and present to management.
- Builds key relationships with key individuals within the Agency.
- Meets regularly with key individuals to discuss the client's requirements and core messages.
- Fosters team spirit within department by sharing professional experience to improve overall department effectiveness.
- Makes department aware of any new technologies & digital platforms that could improve overall agency quality.
- Helps new team members understand agency process and to work to core values.
- Give effective feedback and coach individuals to develop their own knowledge, skills and behaviour.
- Conduct appraisal interviews and follow up KPI objectives with all direct reports in the team.
- Provide regular feedback to Creative teams and act as coach and mentor and support their career development.
- deliver work to brief on time and on budget whilst challenging the team to go beyond the brief, to the quality expected, often surpassing the client's advertising expectations.
Is it you?
Our client has a good understanding of the type of Executive Creative Director they require and key attributes are below:
- can appreciate the power of tech/digital/social media but it is not to say that he or she has to be pure digital background only
- the ability to come up with big ideas and then work with teams to craft executions
- definitely scripted and being part of films
- ability to quickly build constructive but uncompromising relationships within the business.
- Good knowledge and application of multiple channel executions
- Has strong creative strategy thinking, but not someone who is great with executions but someone who can work with and drive powerful consumer/societal insights
- strong awards credentials; Cannes being the epitome
- Can give effective feedback and coaches individuals to develop their own knowledge, skills and behaviour and recognises and values work done well.
This role comes with a long list of benefits to include relocation contribution, medical insurance, life insurance, pension and so much more.
Salary: up to $200K USD plus bonus and benefits
If you think you fit our client's criteria for their next Executive Creative Director in Africa then we urge you to get in touch with Ali as soon as possible by applying and sending him your CV by clicking "apply". Or email him your CV email@example.com
Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately due to the high number we receive we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
We offer up to £250 in cash, vouchers, or a donation to Walking With The Wounded for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know of anyone who might be interested please forward the link to them
Be the first to know about our latest roles by following us on Twitter