Business Development Manager - Key Accounts
Twickenham, London (Greater)
|Business Type - Media Owner|
|Sector - B2B|
|Specialism - Account Management, Sales & Business Development|
|Salary - Depending on experience|
Twickenham, London (Greater)
Business Type - Media Owner
Sector - B2B
Specialism - Account Management, Sales & Business Development
Salary - Depending on experience
If you are not afraid to hunt new business, if you like to shout about your achievements, if you believe in collaboration, if you like to work hard and play hard, if you are keen to work for a progressive global media company – then this role could be right company for you. If none of these things appeal to you, then read no further...
Haymarket Business Media is looking for an exceptional Business Development Manager – Key Accounts across leading Marcomms titles including Campaign, PR Week and Event.
This role is ideal for a tenacious account manager who can open doors and build contacts within large organisations, in order to understand their talent strategies. The right candidate will be dynamic, forward thinking, and will be able to work with clients in a consultative way to develop intelligent recruitment solutions outside of the everyday listings business.
It is required that the candidate has experience in business development, a proven ability to build a cold desk into a warm desk, and in growing revenues by hunting new business and nurturing existing client relationships.
It is desired that the candidate also has contacts within-house recruiters and an understanding of the creative and media agencies industry.
• You will be responsible for the effective management of your key account client base, majority of these will be cold – and this is why you are applying for this role, you are good at this, right?! This mean making sure you speak and meet with your clients on a regular basis to develop and grow your relationship and account. As an effective Business Development Manager you will...
• be responsible for a client base who make up a large proportion of our top spending accounts
• be responsible for growing key account revenue
• be responsible for growing our market share of your client base on our brands
• be expected to cover your entire client base to raise the profile of your brands and products through the use of the phone(yes, we still use phones), and face-to-face meetings
• need to have an excellent knowledge of the recruitment industry and use this thought-leadership to set you aside from competitors
• be expected to attend relevant events/conferences and awards representing not only your brands but Haymarket as a whole
• be required to compile relevant information to implement strategic long-term Sales and Account plans to grow your accounts
• always be looking for new initiatives to grow agency revenue, share and ensure that they are followed through and actioned
Skills and experience required
• The qualities we're looking for in the Business Development Manager are:
• A proven effective hunter, with exceptional account management skills
• Experience in growing revenues, exceeding targets and execution of sales plans
• A good knowledge of the online and recruitment market places
• Exceptional sales and presentation skills
• Ability to negotiate effectively and successfully, and strong proposal writing skills is paramount
• A strong commercial acumen
• A great interpersonal attitude for engaging clients
• Ability to plan and forecast performance
• A creative flare and creative approach when seeking a solution to any challenge
• Able to use own initiative
About Haymarket Media Group
Whether you’re looking to start a career in media or you already have first hand experience working in the media industry, why not come and join this influential media company with an outstanding history of success and a future full of growth