Business Development Manager - Corporate Subscriptions
We are looking for a subscription "Super Star" to work for our client who are a a fast paced, highly commercial UK based media operation with a leading portfolio that covers the health & government sectors. They produce websites, magazines, live and digital events as well as bespoke client solutions.
Key purpose of this role
You will be expected to drive corporate subscription revenue using a combination of telephone and face to face sales techniques. Your customers will primarily NHS trusts, private healthcare organisations and local authorities, 75% New Business focused with the remaining percent renewals. You will also be selling an innovative e-learning platform and other interactive forums.
You will be responsible for;
- Managing an existing customer base of high spend customers across your assigned vertical market.
- Working closely with the acquisition team to ensure that the corporate subscription team delivers ‘world class’ customer service to their top customers.
- Working towards a monthly, quarterly and yearly renewal £ target.
- Working closely with the brand marketing teams to monitor product engagement and to proactively identify accounts at risk
- Regularly feeding back insight gained from the marketplace back to the relevant stakeholders
- Identifying market trends to grow incremental revenues
- Liaising with other departments and stakeholders (marketing, editorial, advertising sales) to drive revenue
- Drafting proposals and contract documents
- Maintain exceptional relationships with clients, especially main contacts and decision makers, by understanding their needs
- Work closely with subscription marketing teams to ensure that the sales effort complements subscription marketing strategies and goals
What you will need to have
- Degree educated preferred
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 18 months to 3 years’ experience selling B2B product/solution in a highly commercial, fast paced environment.
Skills & Competencies
- Advanced relationship and interpersonal skills (100% customer focused)
- Excellent planning & organisation skills
- Excellent persuasion and influencing skills
- A strong understanding of structured face to face & telephone sales techniques
- Ability to operate with independence
- Competent presentation skills
- Well presented & highly articulate
- Positive & enthusiastic
- Credible / professional
- Energy / determination
- Results orientated
- Problem solver