Decision Science Director
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
At Nike, we put the consumer at the center. Nike’s Global Consumer Knowledge Center of Excellence is an established but growing team responsible for building and deepening a holistic view of Nike’s consumers through data and analytics. We are applying those insights to drive consumer centric business growth as part of Nike’s Consumer Direct Offense via the development of incredible digital and physical services and experiences for our consumers.
We are looking for an innovative and experienced expert in the synthesis and interpretation of consumer analytics to join our Consumer Decision Science team. This is a unique opportunity to partner directly with both our United Kingdom Brand Marketing and Nike Direct leadership teams within one of Nike’s key global cities. You’ll be tasked with identifying opportunities to implement consumer knowledge to influence decision-making and to translate analytics and insights into action. This position is based at our office in London.
The ideal candidate will have a history of developing creative and effective ways of integrating and sharing consumer knowledge and the vision and leadership skills to partner with key business stakeholders within Nike’s UK business and drive improved decision-making.
- Synthesizing and translating complex findings into curated, relevant, and useful deliverables that drive action
- Bringing art & science together by integrating both qualitative and quantitative insights to back intuition with the science of data & analytics
- Developing an understanding of the full path to purchase for both Nike members and shoppers, providing both insights and content or channel optimization recommendations across our digital experiences, key doors, and the marketplace
- Enabling high velocity decision making for your partners by aligning priorities for fast execution, leveraging the power of the COE
- Extending best practices in identifying critical business drivers, appropriate KPI report cadence and distribution, and evaluation of the impact analytics and insights are having on business objectives
- Working with senior executive clients to understand requirements and improve opportunities to drive knowledge into action
- Implementing Consumer Knowledge capabilities to drive innovation across the business
- At least 8 years of experience in a senior-level client services or decision science role in an applied analytics or quantitative marketing setting
- A background in the production of applied analytics or customer research in the context of data-driven digital marketing, digital advertising technology, or digital commerce
- Background in a related field such as statistics, econometrics, applied math, or behavioral sciences research
- Experience managing business relationships and process across multiple geographies
- A history of excellence and innovation in synthesizing complex findings, data visualization and storytelling, and client presentation and partnerships
- A good understanding of applied statistics including sampling approaches, causal modeling, time series analysis, and data mining techniques
- Ability to manage a portfolio of large research projects with multiple business stakeholders in a fast-moving setting with ambiguous requirements
- Deep experience managing multiple business priorities and executive stakeholders in an ambiguous and rapidly growing organizational setting
- Can-do attitude, always moving forward
- Deep experience with applying analytics to digital marketing, ecommerce, and retail marketplace strategies
- Advanced degree in a quantitative or research field a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.