Head of Business Development - content, sponsorship and media business
We’ve had the pleasure is working with this client on a concentrated level for the past 2 years but have been involved in the business since its inception nearly 20 years ago.
Our client is a leader in the information services and professional development space but has more of a marketing agency feel to it. They host some of the biggest events in the industry and have a global reach. And this is your chance to join a growing company with high aspirations.
Currently they support over 250,000 marketers to make informed decisions, develop their skills, connect with peers and open new business opportunities. They offer full solutions to some of the biggest B2B marketing agencies and brands in the world.
This role as Head of Business Developent will see you report directly into one of the founding directors as well as manage the specialist media sales team. In addition this role will fundamentally see you focus on both sales and mentoring.
You will personally develop new and nurture old client relationships selling across the full portfolio of content programmes, traditional media, events and sponsorship – always with an eye on product development and enhanced customer experience. You will manage all aspects of a consultative sales cycle and aim to maximise every opportunity to cross sell our services and add value to your clients business life.
Key responsibilities include:
- To ensure the overall team’s monthly and annual media and sponsorship sales revenue is hit, whilst still delivering on your personal targets
- Be focused on product development and customer experience
- Working with marketing with the creation of new media packs and marketing plans
- Identify new business opportunities and drive expansion into those areas
- Working with events team re development of event programme
- Build a clear and compelling annual business plan focusing on developing new business and expanding existing accounts
To be suitable for this role you should have the following:
- At least 5 years experience in consultative selling within the content marketing, sponsorship or media space. (note Content Marketing experience would be hugely advantageous)
- A professional and engaging manner, with a demonstrable legacy of hitting targets
- Strong face to face networking experience and an understanding of what social selling is
- Proven team management experience in a similar environment
- Working knowledge of Salesforce – benefit but not essential
- Consultative sales skills with the ability to articulate a strong business case
- Entrepreneurial self starter spirit – the business doesn’t believe in micro management
In return for your skills and experience as a Head of Business Development our client offers a generous package consisting of a basic salary of £45-50k plus UNCAPPED commission based on sales revenue and not profit. On average this would equate to an additional £25-30k in year one and should increase YoY.
There are other benefits schemes and usual personal benefits included.
If you think you’re the Head of Business Development we are seeking then please send your application to me Tom Howe, by clicking on the apply button below.