Digital Content Writer
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Retail employees inspire athletes of all abilities to tap into their potential. Step into a Nike Store or visit nike.com, and feel the energy, enthusiasm and passion for sport. That same excitement and consumer-first mindset reverberates through the Nike Retail Corporate team.
A global network of buyers, visual merchandisers, real estate specialists, store operations directors and others direct the daily operations of nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores worldwide. The team constantly defines the new frontier of retail and creates the most inspiring and engaging consumer experiences in the industry.
As a Nike Consumer Services Digital Content Writer, you’ll join a flexible, fast-moving team serving the world’s most iconic athletic brand.
We’re a group of multi-talented team players who prize collaboration, but also have the individual confidence and discipline to tackle complex independent projects.
Curiosity and a basic love of learning are fundamental assets: our world is constantly evolving, and we evolve with it, hitting our deadlines on the way.
You’ll need to know the English language inside-out, be a great writer, and have the ability to explain tricky things simply, in the Nike voice.
An editorial eye is important, as is a basic passion for excellence. We’re proud of what we do, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- Serve our athletes and consumers by creating problem solving content.
- Keeping our internal knowledgebase for our outsourced contact centers up to date, by creating new articles to support new processes, product updates, system and tool changes as well as updating existing articles to support process changes. This is pivotal in providing the correct information to our digital athletes to better serve our consumers.
- Creating and maintaining the consumer facing Get Help pages for all EU supported territories on Nike.com.
- Working with the User Experience Team on further enhancing the Get Help pages, Consumer Experience on desktop and mobile including optimized search.
- A degree in Journalism, English, or Communications or a minimum of two years equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in copywriting, editorial, or journalism is a must.
- A deep understanding of brand voice is essential. You need to be versatile enough to apply voice in diverse situations and to different ends. You’ll also need an alert editorial eye for voice inconsistencies.
- You can take complex scenarios and processes and present them to a broad audience with clarity and concision.
- Experience with translation strategies, and be able to write content that’s search engine optimized, natural, in voice, and ready for localization.
- Experience helping clients or customers is a must. You’ll need the ability to maintain composure in tense situations and the capacity to empathize with others.
- Experience working with tight deadlines and the ability to organize and prioritize projects to make sure concurrent projects are finished on time.
- You’ll need impeccable grammar as well as the editorial ability to spot SEO, voice, and localization problems.
- You should have a strong understanding of HTML, and be comfortable editing code for paragraphs, bulleted lists, tables, and other basic design elements.
- Experience and comfort with content/knowledge management systems.
- An understanding of online culture is important both internally and externally. Discretion and sound judgement are essential.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.