Videographer (Writer, Producer, Shooter, Editor)
We are seeking a highly skilled and creative video content creator to play a key role leading the implementation of our company’s new content driven marketing and product mandate.
In this dream role, you will have full creative freedom and a wide range of responsibilities; you will also will travel to various locations across the world. In this critical and senior role, you will research, strategize and write content that fuels our entire (new) marketing programme, in line with our brand refresh. You will contribute to the larger mission of restructuring our business model through innovative and technology driven content marketing initiatives.
You will be expected to write concisely, effectively and, most importantly, ingeniously to bring our products’ stories to life. You will collaborate with our Head of Marketing, Content Strategist and Digital Designer to create cinema quality, short narrative commercials, mini documentaries and social media native content.
Your role includes co-leadership of creative and storytelling strategy for informational content in narrative and documentary styles, which will exist in interactive and video formats. Your inspiring story ideas will be turned into beautiful cinematic video series, editorial style blog articles and modified to various social media formats. Your content will be adapted to a worldwide audience - initially across 5 languages and eventually across 12 languages to cover our global market.
This role is strategic and hands-on. Essentially, you must deliver from conceptualisation to final product. Therefore, you must have extensive technical skills including editing, colour grading and extensive cinematographic knowledge.
To apply, you must include a short cover letter outlining your understanding of who we are, what we need and why you would be a great fit. Your CV should list all of your relevant skills and note the tools you are an *expert* in (this will be verified), along with a portfolio of your work.
(Preferably should have your own website)
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Creative storytelling (writing outlines)
- Simple script writing
- Planning and pre-production for all shoots (with the help of Production Assistants)
- All logistics, including dealing with rental houses, booking gear and hiring local crews
- Managing Production Assistants, often from different countries
- Directing shoots and running interviews when necessary
- Editing, colour-grading and delivering all videos for final deliverables for variety of formats
- Sourcing high quality stock footage for your projects
- Collaborate with colleagues from the content and marketing team
- Source equipment at best possible rates
- Team / Crew Management
- Lighting control, Softness, Ratios, DOF, Movement
- Interior and Exterior lighting
- Focus Pulling
- Film shoot management
- Basic audio capture (interviews, field)
- Film crew collaboration
- Cinema level cameras, including RED, Alexa, Black Magic
- Adobe Premiere
- Davinci Resolve
- MS Office (basic knowledge)
- Adobe After Effects
- Audio mixing for video
- Sound Design
- Drone operation
- Easy Rig / Gimbal operation
- A strategic thinker, creative problem solver, able to execute vision into final deliverables.
- Highly analytical and able to offer an insight into findings
- Excellence-focused attitude, you are very competitive and continuously strive to the best in your field.
- Appreciation for entrepreneurship. Long-term vision. patience and strength to see projects through to delivery.
- High-performance mind-set, highly driven, able to handle start-up-like high pressure environment.
- Professional presentation and strong communication skills, with ability to present
- to senior stake-holders. Personable, sociable and good people skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to prioritize time and resources efficiently, and prepare for and welcome the unexpected.
- Works well under pressure and with tight deadlines; with excellent time management skills
- Able to shift projects with changing priorities
- Ability to learn quickly, conduct research, assimilate information and turn thoughts into deliverables.
- Clear-mindedness, determination, sincerity
- Team Player
- Excellent interpersonal skills