Business Development, Tech/Broadcast Services
New Job- currently searching for a Business Development Hunter from a tech/broadcasting background to join a growing sales team in Central London. The core product range of our client encompasses broadcast camera equipment, network connections, installation, training and support.
You will plan and sell the products and connections to prospective clients to contribute to the growth of our client in the US and across Europe. Hitting agreed sales budgets and targets. This is a new business sales role.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Deliver sales to agreed targets, volumes, values, product mix and timescales.
2. Develop ideas and create offers for direct mail and marketing to new prospective clients.
3. Respond to and follow up sales opportunities and enquiries by email, telephone and personal visits in the relevant territory.
4. Maintain, develop and grow a customer and prospect list in the CRM database.
5. Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, creating a culture of "delighting the customer".
6. Ensure that all sales activity is driven by the goal of exceeding customer expectations.
7. Build & develop productive and professional customer relationships by agreeing service requirements, owning customer issues and keeping customers informed.
8. Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information through CRM (Salesforce.com)
9. Liaise and attend meetings with other company departments necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
10. Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills in a fast changing broadcast technology environment.
The right candidate will focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior big company executives
You must be an excellent and engaging communicator (face-to-face and telephone) and be able to demonstrate a track record in sales, particularly achieving growth, finding and developing new business. Ideal background would be in the broadcast sector or possibly business support services.
You will be able to communicate and motivate via written media whilst understanding the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development, and consultative solutions selling.
Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ideally Salesforce and able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance.
Successful candidate will have:
A good understanding of global broadcasting, news media generally and business news - and where it is going.
Good knowledge and contacts within the broadcast tech world.
Insight into the needs of the Corporate Communications, Press Office Media Relations and Marketing functions within client companies - and 'business' in general.
Good networking skills, outgoing personality, team player, enthusiastic, energetic, organised, sense of humour. A will to win.
For a more detailed spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.