Media Account Manager - Retail e-commerce sector
Our client’s ideal candidate will demonstrate a proven track record of working in a digital commercial advertising environment, preferably with a publisher or media agency. This will include good commercial and digital awareness, a passion for digital development and product innovations and an understanding of how these can be translated into commercial opportunities for clients. To be successful you’ll need strong project management skills, the ability to manage multiple projects/campaigns simultaneously whilst maintaining and developing commercial relationships.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ability to sell content-led and sponsorship solutions across the full range of products in the portfolio, including print, digital, roundtables and Executive dinners.
- Establish client objectives and present the most appropriate solutions, liaising with editorial, content and the Marketing team where relevant.
- Relationship Management - experience in strengthening and developing relationships with existing, new or lapsed clients by gathering intelligent business and marketing insight with the goal of demonstrating how InternetRetailing can help them achieve their business solutions through effective communication solutions
- Maintain regular client contact (through face-to-face visits and telephone contact) and build excellent working relationships in order to increase each brands’ share of client spend and YOY growth of all key account spend
- Support the Creative Solutions Director to implement the operational sales plan, to consistently deliver/exceed against monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Proactively and strategically source new business revenue by identifying and assessing product development and revenue streams to ensure sustainable growth in all areas.
- Make the agreed number of calls, trade show visits and client meetings (including internationally) to ensure regular contact with new and existing clients to grow revenue and market share.
- Write and present pitches/proposals to a wide variety of potential clients from large corporates to small technology providers, with experience pitching to marketers, MD’s and C-suite preferred but essential.
- Minimum two years’ face to face sales experience, with ability to source new leads, schedule meetings to present the portfolio and effectively manage those accounts relationships, growing their spend YOY.
- Responsibility for taking InternetRetailing and eDelivery to market in a professional and dynamic manner.
- Be mindful of upcoming products and workload, identifying weaknesses or possible problems before they occur and producing solutions.
- Encourage and demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach.
- Effective use the CRM system to log all sales activity.
- Lead on projects where required, ensuring they are a commercial success.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of organisational and administrative skills, as well as the ability to independently plan workload effectively in relation to both short- and long-term deadlines and so that multiple projects are worked on/completed at any one time.
- Communicate openly with regard to sales updates, clients and general day-to-day issues.
- Maintain a sophisticated and high profile in the client market.
- Share success within the team environment.