Head of Media
Head of Media Up to £70k - Tech Start-Up
Reporting to: CEO
My client is an innovative tech start-up going from strength to strength. They are focused on driving awareness and adoption of their unique product across businesses, events, and governments to name a few.
They are looking for a Head of Media to lead to plan, buy, execute, optimise and evaluate all paid media campaigns against specific business targets.
The role will involve all of B2B, B2BC, and B2C acquisition. As Head of Media you will be responsible for driving overall customer growth through new channel innovation and current channel optimisation looking at both online and offline opportunities - online channels will be optimised in close collaboration with our onsite Growth team.
You will be responsible for the strategy and implementation of all digital performance marketing, which includes PPC, Social, Content Marketing, Affiliates and Display. You will guide the overall performance marketing strategy and will work in collaboration with the Growth and Marketing teams to ensure day-to-day optimisation of campaigns, running tests, collaborating on projects and identifying opportunities to improve and scale performance.
The main focus of this role will be to optimise the budget allocation between all performance channels to ensure a balance between branding and ROI activities are at the heart of all we do.
They favour candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit whether this be in your personal or professional life. The right person will be extremely tech-savvy, ambitious, and passionate about the product.
Extra credit if you have run your own business or worked in a fast-growing start-up in a similar role, and been demonstrably influential in its fast growth.
You will have:
- Proven experience of leading / managing successful performance marketing strategies
- Sufficient experience to set realistic acquisition targets shortly after starting
- The assurance to plot the optimal spend strategy across B2B/B2B2C/B2C channels to achieve our business objectives.
- Excellent knowledge of paid advertising products, features, settings and optimisation possibilities. * Proven hands-on experience optimising direct response paid search activity.
- Hands on, numbers and results driven.
- Passionate about search and the digital world.
- Creative, challenging, capable of thinking differently and developing new ways of working.
- Happy and generous team player, open to sharing ideas and knowledge and developing a high performing team
You will be:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (university of life counts, too)
- Extremely tech-savvy
- Ambitious and interested in building a long-term career move
- Commercially-minded and committed to global social change through business
- Motivated by challenging targets. Specific tasks you'll be expected to run: Delivery, optimisation, reporting & budget management for all media budgets
- Analyse campaign performance against KPIs & report on any trends & insights
- Monitor day to day delivery and budget against KPIs
- Buy media across biddable platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google display network and SEM and other digital and content marketing platforms
- Understand and implement social/digital measurement and tracking
- Deliver post-campaign analysis & PPT presentations
- Work with media owners to trouble-shoot any issues that may arise