Business Development & Marketing Director - brands
This is a world class strategic and creative branding agency with an emphasis on integrated brand work, from brand identity and tone of voice to digital, moving image and above the line advertising. They have an enviable reputation for strategic and creative excellence, and, as a result, work with some of the most successful consumer brands in leisure, retail and media. Their aim is to give clients the tools to accelerate their businesses.
They’re a lively team, passionate about what they do. They have attitude, and a sense of humour and fun. They are busy, super-smart, creative, successful and... growing!
Business Development & Marketing Director – the role
The team are now looking for a business development and marketing director to join the team. You’ll be at the forefront of generating new leads and maintaining the conversation through to pitch. You’ll take responsibility for developing proposals and pitch responses, and pool resources to create new marketing activities that make the agency stand out.
As a senior person in the new business team you’ll:
• Work with the senior team to prioritise desired sectors and set the overall business development strategy
• Identify and target new prospects which reflect that strategy, and fit with the new business criteria
• Work with the new business team to create and convert opportunities and manage senior level relationships
• Co-lead pitch work. Help set the scene, identify the opportunities, and develop the winning pitch response
• Work closely with the team to set the strategic direction for innovative marketing activities that get the agency noticed
• Manage the development of those activities or materials to build the right perception of the agency in the minds of the targets
• Identify new marketing activities and channels specific to a particular client or sector that will maximise reach and conversion
• Be plugged-in to the world of business and brand and quickly jump on opportunities that can play to the agency’s strengths and capabilities
Business Development & Marketing Director – experience and personality
• Experienced business development & marketing professional with around 10 years’ experience
• Instantly build a rapport with potential clients. You’re intelligent, likable and you understand their industry and the challenges they face
• You have an unrelenting drive and persistence. You’re hungry to get the leads and convert them into fee-paying clients
• A strategic and analytic thinker. You can quickly get to grips with the information presented and turn it into a clear and accurate brand brief that gets the team excited
• Detail orientated. You’re reliable, organized and can recall the intricacies of client conversations, requirements, briefs and supporting research or literature
• A hard grafter. You put in the leg work and expect it from those around you too
• You’re great with people. You’re sociable and enthusiastic and can charm the pants off potential clients
At Story, we find talent for the design, branding, marketing and advertising sectors. With 28 years’ combined experience, we have built long term relationships with some of the most innovative agencies in the creative industry.
We find roles for a whole host of agency people – managing directors, client services directors, strategic directors and senior planners, account managers, execs and junior planners, project managers, production specialists, creative services etc.
We focus on design and branding and integrated marketing, working with a large network of agencies, from larger, group owned consultancies to medium-sized independents and boutique agencies in the UK and internationally.
We believe that quality is often in the detail. We spend time listening to both clients and candidates - and often reading between the lines is what enables us to find the best matches. The philosophy is simple; to offer the best possible service and solutions to both candidates and clients and develop strong, long term relationships. Our straight-talking approach, along with our integrity and commitment in doing good work, make us trusted partners.