We are looking for a creative, entrepreneurial, experienced sales and business development lead to join the team at PinkNews. We are a small team running a very fast paced business with a big reach looking to find a senior addition to our leadership team. This is an exciting opportunity for a confident and highly self-motivated individual to implement and lead their own sales activity, with the potential to build a team of their own.
The ideal candidate will be one who is ready for the challenge of helping to lead a fast growing digital media publisher that is the global leader in the market. They will be equally comfortable securing the sponsor for a new channel, working with our development and content team on a new product launch or signing up corporate sponsors for our B2B events.
The ideal candidate will have extensive digital sales experience from an advertising network, publisher or social media platform background and evidence of a strong track record of success and revenue generation. The individual would also have a proven track record in building strong relationships and networks of agencies, brands and client relations.
- Initiate, develop and deliver multi-platform creative sales solutions to agencies and clients
- Driving sales of the PinkNews display advertising, channel sponsorship, PinkNews Awards sponsorship and sponsored content to potential clients
- Introduce our products to brands and agencies across the UK, Europe and the US through meetings, telephone calls, written materials and presentations
- Respond to in-bound RFPs from brands and agencies
- Reach and exceed individual sales goals while contributing to overall team goals
- Grow and manage a sales and creative solutions team
- Proactively identify new commercial opportunities across all media platforms
- Create commercial pitches (persuasive and clear sales materials) to improve the conversion rate of new business opportunities
- Seek to work with great brands to sponsor the PinkNews Awards, award categories and tables
- Manage client campaign reporting
- Develop and maintain relationships at all levels from CMO to Brand Managers to Agency Buyers
- Achieve and exceed the budget set for Creative Solutions revenue by securing small and large scale partnerships
- Work with the Operations Manager, Editorial and Senior Management teams to ensure efficient management and delivery of Creative Solutions partnerships.
- Significant sales experience at an online publisher, news agency, digital marketing/advertising agency or social media platform
- Demonstrable experience of negotiating, structuring, and closing and winning proposals
- Demonstrable experience of arbitrage techniques such as sponsored Facebook posts to maximize the audience of sponsored content
- Built a good range of ad agency and brand relationship contacts in the UK and Overseas
- Creative digital solutions experience/knowledge and mindset
- Innovative and creative approach to building proposals and attracting sales
- Ability to bring a strategic approach to selling the benefits of long term client partnerships
- A strong leader, able to work autonomously
- Proactive attitude, creative and entrepreneurial spirit with high levels of energy and excellent presentation skills
- Commercial acumen focused on incremental revenue/profit generation
- A strong belief in equality for all
- Some experience of using DFP to deliver advertising campaigns
- Some experience of selling user and data acquisition deals to advertisers
- An understanding and knowledge of PinkNews goals, products, events and website
- Strong PowerPoint, Excel, InDesign and Keynote skills.
We welcome applications from all suitable candidates regardless of sexuality or gender identity.
Apply for Commercial Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly