Junior Category Manager - Online & Activation
Ball and Hoolahan are partnering with a global, innovative and renowned FMCG business to find their next generation of Category Development superstars. Are you friendly, honest and commercially minded? Do you want to work in a business that will help shape your career and develop your skills? About the role
This role is for a Junior Category Development Manager to work across all retail customers, helping to lead the category agenda for online and instore activation with the specific purpose of improving the shopper experience online and instore. Reporting into the Category Controller, this role sits within the Customer Marketing function and supports the company’s growth. Primary responsibilities:
- To help lead the category agenda for online retail shaping the strategy and driving its implementation to the benefit of both the brand and retailers.
- Helping to deliver category leadership to customers and to the organisation – influencing and driving best practice to ensure the best shopper experience both online and in store.
- Ensure the business becomes renowned for creating and implementing the best POP and instore activation solutions which drive profitable growth for the business and the retailer
- Development & execution of annual instore activation plans by retailer, managing an activation budget which is optimised to maximise ROI
- To ensure that the brand ATL imagery translates through to store media
- Use online tools to track performance metrics and provide category insights to Pureplay Online retailers.
- Work with customers on category building initiatives such as taxonomy, specific ranging, bundle deals, etc.
- Be responsible for post-evaluation of the activation programmes
You will have foundation experience from a previous role in category management and shopper activation within an FMCG environment and will have had direct experience of managing customer relationships with FMCG retailers. FMCG online channel experience preferable. You will be able to demonstrate that you have the following skills and knowledge:
- A strategic mindset and able map out a clear vision for category online
- Proven skills in negotiation and influencing key contacts
- Have good analytical skills and are commercially minded
- You will be excellent communicator, both verbally and in presenting, with good facilitation skills
- Strong understanding of shopper / market insight techniques and how they relate to category development
- Be excellent at building convincing category stories to drive change in-store.
- Have a can-do attitude, hands on, keen to learn with the energy to work in this pacey, dynamic FMCG business.
About the client
These are brands you use every day, and brands you love. This is a fantastic role if you are looking to develop your career within an FMCG business that will provide really solid and thorough training with lots of opportunities for moving into other business sectors further down the line. What now
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to or alternatively please apply via the link below.
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise on a daily basis **