Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager JOBS
Our client is a well known online classifieds group with 4 verticals which include jobs, Motors, Property and Services.
Due to continued success and growth they are looking to grow the Jobs division, hence the need for a Business Development Manager you will work closely with the recruitment consultancy/key accounts team, and the wider jobs team.
You will be challenged to win new business from recruitment consultancies/key accounts, and then ensure you maximise the revenue growth and retention of these accounts. You will position the brand as their go to destination to find their perfect candidates - and you will be rewarded with a great salary and benefits package.
They expect great things of you, and will ensure you have all the training and support necessary to achieve them.
Here’s what they’re looking for:
- You will effectively cover your client base - and treat it like your very own business.
- You will do this by making a minimum of 12 effective calls per day, and contacting more than 40 clients per week
- You will display great account management skills and work in partnership with your clients, ensuring you effectively contact every one of them within an 8 week cycle this can be via telephone, meetings, email, or social media as you see fit - you will know what works best for your clients!
- You will be proactive and source your own leads - these can be from competitor sites, lapsed accounts, or via any other source you can find
- You’ll be out meeting new and existing clients regularly, building strong relationships in a face to face environment - any proposals/correspondence required as a result of these meetings will be sent out within 2 working days
- You’ll be a recruitment industry expert, knowledgeable about the latest trends and happy to share these with your clients, team and manager alike
- You’ll also have a great understanding of their competitive landscape, and use this knowledge of their competitors to effectively sell against them
- You will keep track of your prospects, and update your manager on these regularly
- You will be super-organised, and manage your time effectively to ensure you smash your KPIs and respond to all requests, both external internal, promptly
- You will be display great timekeeping, and be at your desk ready to start making money from 9am every day
Build your own client base by getting out in the market and winning new business for the group - your main focus will be hunting!
Your role will become more account management focussed, as you work in partnership with the clients you have won to grow their spend and take the relationship to the next level
Scope for Growth
You will have access to the Academy, our best in class training program, to develop your commercial skills. You will learn new things every day, and
As you make a success of your role by bringing in and growing, loads of accounts (150 contracts is your aim!), you will have the opportunity to work towards becoming either a senior salesperson, working with larger, high potential clients, or alternatively start developing your skills as a sales manager.
Almost every job description asks for a can do attitude, but with us, we ask for more!
We want you to be passionate about establishing new commercial relationships that benefit both the group and your clients. We are not interested in transactional; deals, more transformational long term partnerships.
As a senior member of the jobs team you will set the standard for the wider team, and be a coach, mentor and trainer to your peers.
You will relish challenges and enjoy being stretched - the recruitment market changes almost daily, and you will respond to these changes with vigour.
You will be target oriented, but your real motivation will come from delighting your clients and colleagues alike, safe in the knowledge you will be rewarded for it.
In return for your greatness we will pay you a basic salary per year, with a very achievable OTE of 40%, and the opportunity to double this if you exceed your targets.
On top of this we offer a great pension, healthcare benefits, free food and drink in the office, multiple parties across the year, and ultimately a fun and rewarding environment in which you can grow a successful career in sales.
You’ll also have the satisfaction of making a significant contribution to the group's further success, and helping your clients find great talent.