New Business Director
Rainmaker is the most strategic, influential and effective consultancy in our field. We help our clients plan and implement campaigns to win new business – and so grow faster. Our clients are advertising, PR, design, digital and marketing agencies in the UK and USA, and range from highly creative boutiques, to those that are part of global networks.
After an exciting period of growth we are looking to hire an ambitious New Business Director to help drive the business forward to the next level. You will be joining our sixty strong team in our fantastic new offices on Borough High Street.
This is an important hire for us. You will be a critical part of our leadership team, with influence on shaping the company for the mission ahead and heavily involved in the overall running of the business. You will be specifically responsible for the expansion of Rainmaker’s already impressive client portfolio, with excellent training, established staff, tools and systems at your disposal. You will report to the Managing Director, work closely with the founders and integrate with the other members of the senior team.
- Achieve annual targets for additions to our portfolio
- Consolidate awareness of Rainmaker’s standing and offering within the marketing services sector
- Attend new business meetings, write proposals and manage prospects through to conversion
- Work closely with the Head of Sales, and the Marketing Director, for new business and market development opportunities
Essentials for the Role
- You will be an accomplished new business development professional with proven experience in a relevant industries and for pitching high value business services
- You will have experience of lead generation, pitching, negotiation with senior decision makers and excellent commercial acumen
- You will be an outstanding communicator, both verbally and written, with a good understanding of the culture and issues within the creative, design, marketing and media industries
- You will be able to make excellent first impressions, conveying credibility naturally and inspiring confidence within others
- You will have strength and gravitas about you, and be at ease and confident working with different personalities at all levels
- An entrepreneurial, problem solving and creative mind-set is in our DNA, and you must possess this too
- You thrive under pressure and are prepared to do what it takes to hit deadlines and targets
- You are clearly intelligent, with an obvious grasp of business and markets and up to date on current and business affairs
- What you say is well-reasoned and commercially logical. You find it straightforward to set out a convincing business case, then forensically go through the points to show the sense in what you’re saying
- You have an ‘at ease’ and natural feeling about you. You are driven to perform, but come across as down to earth.
- You are a good listener and think before you talk
- You firmly grasp the importance of first impressions in the creative and marketing arena and achieve this for yourself effortlessly. You come across as ‘normal’ and neutral, but with energy and conviction. You possess an easy, economical but accurate writing style. You choose language well and use it fluently
- You live within a commutable distance of Borough
- You are a people person, a natural trainer and enjoy inspiring and energising those around you
This is a rare opportunity to join an extremely successful and respected business growth consultancy, and build a career as part of the leadership team, with excellent support, training and prospects for advancement. For more information on what it’s like to work at Rainmaker Consulting please visit www.inbg.careers