The Senior Digital Designer works from a client brief, generating ideas to present to the client. Working on designs to produce effective digital and social content.
The Senior Digital Designer will be able to manage the day to day running of projects - working within specified timeframes and budgets.
They will also have experience of working within a team on-site in the clients offices in Hammersmith (but within a dedicated studio space) made up of; Studio Manager/Client Services, x1 other Digital Designer, Creative Copywriter and x2 Social Content Editors (Social Community Managers/Journalists) as well as typical agency based colleagues back at OLIVER HQ.
The Senior Digital Designer will work closely with the other studio leads on the planning and style of content, as well as with the client Brand Managers.
This role is to create inspiring and exciting content (from repurposing, reformatting of assets – to coming up with new ideas). Anyone with an Entrepreneurial flair would be desirable.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- 5+ years of design industry and agency experience.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Strong motion and video skills using After Effects. Premier a bonus.
- Passionate about good design, motivated, ambitious and extremely creative – full of ideas across multi-platforms.
- Strong typography, layout and technical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working across online banners (static and animated), social media posts (primarily Instagram and Facebook), web design, UI design and storytelling.
- A creative designer who has a breadth of understanding of responsive design across all digital platforms.
- A fantastic portfolio crammed with innovative and inspirational work demonstrating digital design and motion/video work.
- Able to create beautiful visual UI design that can align with the UX design.
- An understanding of UX and latest technology trends.
- Confident, enthusiastic, quick to learn and able to think on your feet.
- Able to talk through your ideas confidently with the team and clients.
- Must be a great communicator who can bounce off ideas with the team at every stage of the project cycle.
- Be able to work independently and also within a team.
- Flexible and adaptable with persistent drive to learn new skills and constantly improve.
- Cinema 4D experience a bonus!
- Identifies opportunities to deliver greater value for themselves +
- Takes on difficult challenges willingly and realistically.
- Has a can do attitude.
- Shows commitment to the company vision for growth through adding value.
- Identifies a range of solutions to problems.
- Thinks of improvements to things without being prompted.
- Challenges convention by exploring alternatives.
- Leads by example - setting achievable but high standards.
- Uses inspiring communications to motivate clients and colleagues.
- Achieves outstanding results.
- Acts with humility and honesty.
- Actively looks to develop themselves on the job, and in their own time.
- Acknowledges the importance of tracking results.
- Sets goals and focuses on their delivery.
- Has an analytical approach to objectives.