Associate Director - Brand & Innovation
Associate Director - Brand & Innovation
As a leading Brand and Innovation company with global reach, we are looking for sharp minds with great intuition and a daring attitude. Curious people who get a real buzz from getting deep consumer insights in vibrant and diverse cultures, making them the foundations of rigorous strategy. An infectious passion for challenging the status quo and a real drive to help a company grow on a global scale.
We are a London based brand and innovation company known for being curious, daring, intuitive and challenging conventions for the biggest global consumer, finance and retail brands. With another exciting year of growth under our belt in 2017 and with our new team in NYC, we are now looking to welcome a driven and inspirational Associate Director to the team in London.
As an Associate Director, you are a leader in strategic thinking. You will own the development and delivery of international band strategy & innovation projects and have strong commercial experience. You will play a pivotal role within the agency helping to support and develop a strong and ambitious team, coaching them to deliver exceptional strategic project work, and achieving their potential.
This is a hugely exciting role to help build and develop Butterfly on a global scale. Agency experience is a must but this can come from a brand consultancy, innovation or research background.
Your role would include:
- Accountability for delivering international brand strategy and innovation projects, working collaboratively with your strategy, creative and research team members.
- Leading meetings with senior client teams and facilitating creative workshops.
- Accountability for client development and business development – identifying new opportunities for Butterfly, converting at pitch level, promoting the business through marketing and PR activities.
- Creation of new tools and methodologies and public speaking engagements.
- Management and development of a team of strategists and researchers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You have been working successfully for leading international brand & innovation consultancies for 8-10 years and/or in the marketing and innovation function on the client side – agency experience would be a strong advantage.
- You are an international brand specialist with the ability to understand and utilize cultural nuances and insights.
- You are a strong strategic thinker with a real flair for creativity.
- You are very commercially aware, you have real experience in insight driven product/service innovation and have an excellent track record of consistently delivering exceptional work on client projects.
- Well connected, you like the buzz of new business activities, love pitching – and winning projects as well as developing strong client relationships.
- You love international work and like to travel.
- You now want to take your career to the next level and make a real impact in a growing company that you will really help to shape.
We believe in the power of Emotions. Butterfly was born with the idea that emotions drive our behavior. We were founded 2009 with the clear ambition of becoming a leading brand strategy and innovation company with an expertise in building emotional connections between brands and consumers.
What also makes us different is that half of our strategic or innovation work takes place in the most fascinating emerging markets around the word, from Mexico to Russia. The Butterfly team, currently 40 and growing, truly reflect this diversity: over 20 languages can be heard within our studio!
The Butterfly nest is on The River Thames in SW London and we now also have our office across the pond in Manhattan NYC with great ambitions to spread our wings even further. There is still a strong start-up atmosphere within Butterfly valuing entrepreneurship, ownership and growth. We’ve got bags of experience, but we’re still fascinated by new trends, new directions and we are more than ever fueled by a sense of curiosity about the world.
Apply for Associate Director - Brand & Innovation
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly