The PlayFusion Publishing team in Cambridge, UK is looking for a talented, creative and technically competent creative designer. This role will help with the creation of digital and physical assets for websites, newsletters, event booths, trading card designs, posters, flyers and all manner of other marketing materials.
The perfect candidate will have experience working in a fast moving, high pressure environment within the digital space. Working collaboratively with multiple projects on short deadlines but maintaining a high quality bar is expected. You will be part of a dynamic, young and exciting startup based right in the heart of the Cambridge tech scene.
- Ability to produce high quality brand creative materials for both print and digital with an excellent attention to detail.
- 3+ years of graphic/creative design experience to a high standard. The portfolio should demonstrate both print and digital work and show flair in design, layout and typography.
- Provision of a portfolio of a person's work to date is a requirement.
- Work in a support role to the creative/art team assisting with concept work and delivery of assets.
- Proficient in Adobe CC.
- Be able to work autonomously whilst dealing with tight and fixed deadlines.
- Experience working on games or entertainment brands is a real bonus, as is a passion for the world of tech and design.
PlayFusion has a range of mixed reality products in the market and inbound for 2018. The Graphic Designer needs to be a self-starter with solid experience gained within a brand or agency.
Being part of a team and having a flexible approach to work is essential as projects come and go at lightning pace.
Must have a flair for generating good ideas and executing upon them. A creative mind with a strong process.
Communication with internal and external stakeholders is an important part of the role. Being able to discuss the project with senior stakeholders is important as is being able to communicate well with external parties such as web designers or printers.
Ultimately what you produce and final deliverables for your projects need to consistently hit a high bar first time around and you will hold responsibility for that.
We are looking for an ambitious, go-for-it person who is highly creative and has an attention to detail. A love of technology start up’s is a must, if you crave structure and need micro-management then we probably aren’t for you. A desire to live on the cutting edge of computer vision, mixed reality and AI. Our perfect person will be a fantastic creative with an ability to create eye catching designs and help build the face of PlayFusion to its customers and the market.
Design degree (or equivalent) is preferred but not essential.
PlayFusion (www.playfusion.com) is an independent, employee-owned, robotics and AI company with studios in the UK and USA that is pioneering the future of mixed reality connected play. PlayFusion’s proprietary technology platform uniquely fuses computer vision, robotics, audio recognition with interactive video games to provide the next generation of transmedia entertainment for game developers, toy manufacturers, educators and other content and brand owners.