This is a fantastic Strategy Director opportunity, working within Arena Media across a variety of exciting brands.The purpose of the Strategy team is to lead, challenge and support all of our clients. You must be connected to their business strategy and business deliverables – that’s primarily why we are here, to grow our client business to achieve this we need to build brands that are meaningful, are a force for good in people’s lives and in the world. To establish this through data fuelled understanding and cultural human experience delivering organic communication strategies where owned channels and content comes first i.e. working in harmony with our audiences. Then, to work with our group, village and vivendi partners to turn your plans in to rich consumer relevant content strategies, ‘entertainment’ and execution, focusing on experiences as much as exposure.
- Key strategic lead across a number of clients, maintaining a strong working relationship with senior clients and agency stakeholders.
- To lead strategic thinking and delivery on new business efforts.
- You will be working with Marketing Director / CMO level within the client’s organisation and will be setting the vision and agenda for the client and work with the day to day planning teams to develop a clear strategic roadmap.
- You will work with the client to get to grips with the clients real business problems (even without a well-articulated brief) and propose an interesting strategy and route forward.
- Being a leader and advocate of our meaningful brands proposition, applying this to an organic marketing approach that connects data to content and puts owned channel first
- To be competent in insights, data sources and content strategy development.
- We want someone able to spot ‘big communications ideas’ that deliver for the strategy and develop a route map to achieve these, to steer and connect with our creative and entertainment partners.
- To be a champion of developing a planning culture, we are the connector between data and creativity and as such it’s vital we create meaningful and directional strategies and briefs
Who we’re looking for:
- You will probably come from a media agency (but that’s not a given) with experience working with high profile, fast paced brand/s.
- You will have an excellent understanding of the media landscape as well as a strong appreciation of wider owned, shared and earned communications channels
- The ability to keep calm under pressure is vital.
- Curiosity and common sense, asking the right questions to unlock truths
- Lateral thinkers, who can see creative potential solutions in the world around them not in rigid media siloes.
- Presence – people who are genuine, honest, an open but that can bring gravitas, energy and personality to a room – a person that people can trust and believe in and be inspired by.
- A self-reliant player who can be trusted to deliver to a high standard, simply, comprehensively and within deadlines and showing organizational ability, balance big picture with eye for detail and ability to ensure the team ticks all the boxes
- A high energy, positive, can-do person who is always looking for ways to improve the account