Senior Digital Designer
Are you looking for a step-up in your agency design career? We're looking for a senior designer who can lead projects, manage a junior and a freelance pool and get involved in the creative process.
We're a small agency with big clients and a growing pipeline of work across channels. You'll have variety and the chance to grow your skills across a range of agency disciplines, and to kick off your own team and processes.
About the client: We're a full-service digital creative and social agency using insight and imagination to make content that sticks to users wherever they go.
We work for a range of consumer brands, financial services providers and retailers.
About the role
You'll be the lead designer within the agency delivering projects from idea to execution across digital, social and print. This is graphic-based design work such as infographics, website visuals and digital advertising, but occasionally ebooks, reports and interactive guides too.
You'll need excellent communication skills, a positive attitude and a natural desire to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
The main responsibilities:
- The smooth running of the design function within the agency including managing and mentoring a junior designer, and resourcing freelance creatives where needed.
- To translate client briefs into highly creative and effective design work.
- Produce high quality creative from early stages (such as storyboards, moodboards, sketches and scamps), through to client ready artwork
- Ensure all design work is produced to the highest standards
- Come up with ideas for wider creative formats such as video, animation and illustration
- Work collaboratively with account management, strategists and the wider creative team
- Support the wider agency with training to improve understanding of different creative formats and briefing skills
- Contribute to pitch work where required
You'll definitely need:
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CS6
- A strong portfolio of creative projects you've been involved in across digital, social and print
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work to deadline
- Enthusiasm for working across varied creative projects and clients
- The ability to work autonomously and plan your own workload
- Ambition, to do a good job for the agency and the client and progress your career
- A proven understanding of agency life and effective workflows
Experience of producing other creative formats is also desirable, such as illustration, video, After Effects/animation.